Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jemile Weeks sent down to AAA Sac

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Damn this sucks he's my favorite player and I have a huge P.C. And totally didn't see this coming. He has really struggled this year but he still brings so much to the team. He needs to stop trying to be a power hitter and hit the ball on the ground, as well as work on his bunt game.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Maybe he's just going down for a short period to work on his swing, and then be back up when the A's expand their roster in September for their playoff run.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
That's pretty much what it sounds like, I sure hope so. But they are going to have weeks, Pennington, and Rosales all splitting time at 2nd

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Really sucks. Definitely a favorite of mine and I have a bunch of his stuff as well. But he's really struggled at the plate this year, and there's very little harm in sending him down. Can't imagine his psyche will be hurt anymore than hitting right around the Mendoza line for 2/3 of a season.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I just wish they would leave him in the 9 hole for now. I hate how they always move him around 1,2, 9.
I think he's still leading the A.L. In triples. I still think he's better than Pennington & Rosales at 2nd and at the plate

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Didn't see this one coming, despite his lack of hitting. Maybe the demotion will "shake him up" a bit and he comes back on fire next Month.

But I agree he's still better than either Pennington or Rosales, who's starting tonite...Either way, ugh.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
weekspc.jpg
:-:)twisted::eek:

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
And on top of getting sent down they did it in the day of the team photo, so he didn't even get in the 2012 team photo. Lol

Jan 15, 2009
And on top of getting sent down they did it in the day of the team photo, so he didn't even get in the 2012 team photo. Lol
Nah he got in. But very shocking that they demoted him. If they want him for the playoffs he has to be called back up in 10 days once he is eligible to be called back up.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
do rosales and pennington still have options left. Could been that weeks is only one in group they could have sent down with options left. Although doubt many team would have claimed either.