Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Had an idea: trade night

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I had an idea that I think might get some action going on on the trade boards:

As anyone who has traded on this site knows, the trade boards have been pretty weak recently. And one result of it being slow there is that people who might have checked out the action there in the past are no longer stopping by (or doing so less frequently.)

The idea is very simple. Come up with a time, say a "trade night" between 7-9 PM where people know when to stop by, and maybe we can get a large number of people there, facilitating some deals...

Anyways, figured I'd throw the idea out there if anyone is interested...

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I like the idea,

My thought:

To take part in the trade night, each person must come with a LIST of their FOR TRADE cards. So you could have 40-50 members all on the Transaction board posting their for trade lists, and maybe even wants lists, and trades should sprark. Photobucket links are killers often when it comes to making deals.

Again, just an idea.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
I'm in. I recommend a Sunday night, probably the night that the fewest people have something going on.

I recommend buying/selling be promoted too. Just schedule a "kick-start the transaction forum" night. Could have member-run contests going on as well. I know I'll have one or 2.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
This idea is good. I'd also agree with Sunday night being good night. Posting whether low, mid or high-end is a good suggestion as well. I also agree with photobucket links being a killer to this idea. Lists are good but I think best are scans. I personally LOVE looking through posts that have a lot of scans, rather than a monster list.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
Sunday night sounds good to me. I like the idea, as long as it's ok 99% of my cards are in COMC.

Might as well be a photobucket to search through, its like saying, "Here look through this website rather than Photobucket."

The idea is to generate traffic here, not to redirect it to COMC.

As for the OP idea, I like it. I have been doing nothing but buying and selling for months. Trades are virtually extinct anymore - and I have wanting to trade lately.

Members online

Latest posts