Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I want your opinion.... Quality or Quantity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
I am considering a trade, where I give up a $200 card, and i recieve about $220 in $20 - $30 cards. Here's the exact deal

I give up 2010 Bowman Chrome Draft Prospect Autographs Gold Refractors Christian Yelich #/50 BGS 9.5 (9 auto)

I get (all Bowman Chrome autos):
Julio Teheran Ref #/500
Teheran base
Shelby Miller base
Christian Yelich base
Matt Moore base
Matt Barnes ref #/500
Rymer Liriano base
Taylor Guerrieri ref #/500
Taylor Guerrieri base
Aaron Sanchez base

I figure it's about $20 in my favor, as it should be since I am trading down. I also figure that I have a decent grading eye and a few of these are bound to be gradeable, so could go even more in my favor. PLMK your thoughts. If you don't want to type a drawn out answer, just reply with "Quantity" or "Quality"

Thanks all
Erik

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
And i should mention that I am really high on Yelich, I think he's a great buy right now, but so are some of the guys that i'd be getting in the deal

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
Quality, the only bummer is the 9 auto. Think the Yelich gold has good potential. How soon would you be flipping the others?

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I'd take the quantity in this case too. And it's not like it isn't even "quality" quantity.

I'm waiting for someone to point out that there are too many pitcher prospects in that lot; but I like all of those guys anyway.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
I'd take the quantity in this case too. And it's not like it isn't even "quality" quantity.

I'm waiting for someone to point out that there are too many pitcher prospects in that lot; but I like all of those guys anyway.

I thought the same in regards to your pitcher comment. I figure there's 4 TJ surgeries in the lot.

Leaning towards taking the offer. The best rationale I can give is that i prefer to not have all of my eggs in one basket.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
I'm going to go against the grain and say don't do it, especially considering the sub grades are all 9.5, that is begging for resubmission. I'm also not a fan of prospecting pitchers. I would not do it.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
I'm going to go against the grain and say don't do it, especially considering the sub grades are all 9.5, that is begging for resubmission. I'm also not a fan of prospecting pitchers. I would not do it.

The auto is definitely not getting a 10. Here's the card

YelichBCGoldRefAU.jpg

alwayson22

Dec 6, 2010
San Jose, CA
I like the "Quality" end of the deal more than the "Quantity". I think there is more upside in the Yelich Gold Ref /50 than the other group. I like the players in the "quantity" portion, but I don't know if the "hits" would compensate for the "misses". Either way, though, I think you'll be happy keeping the Yelich or picking up the quantity for a flip.

STHendricks

May 3, 2010
MN
As someone who loves Yelich & bought him at release...I say the quantity package is tempting. Matt Moore will start creepin up as playoffs near & continues to do well. Some other nice pieces in that lot as well. Good luck with whatever u decide

Sent from my LG-C800 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Thanks all. I have decided against the trade and am keeping the Yelich. Have $200 in it, we'll see what I can get in the next year or so when he gets hot. Hope he plays in the AFL and KILLS it!

Members online