Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Skip Bayless Implies PED Usage For Derek Jeter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Let me first say that I cant stand Bayless. However, the NY reporter did not provide the full context of the segment.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
I love when weasels say things like "I aint saying it, but you have to wonder" after starting his sentence by saying "I am going to tread lightly". In another words he said it but don't want to be held accountable. Thats a pretty smooth move.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I think it's awesome. Finally Bayless is using his trolling for a noble cause: infuriating Yankees fans

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
Who the He** watches ESPN for anything other than Live sporting events? Thank heavens that there is an MLB Network and NFL Network so I don't EVER have to watch ESPN ever again.

SilverandBlack

Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
I hate Bayless but what he said is in fact accurate can we without a doubt say anyone that has played in the last 20 years or so hasn't done roids? I don't think jeter has but who really knows. This is just a big deal because of who said it.

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
This is why I thought it was ridiculous when people were comparing Law to Bayless the other day in the AL MVP thread. Bayless just throws $s%t and accusations around without any substantive evidence to support his claims. Either to stir the pot or because he is too lazy and stupid to formulate well-thought out and supportable opinions . You might not agree with Law but he formulates his conclusions on empirical evidence (just snarkily).

Bayless is a complete joke and should be ashamed to hold himself out as a journalist. You and I can suspect Jeter merely because he is having a good year at age 38 (good, not great by the way) but someone reporting news and opinions on national TV should be held to much higher standards.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I hate Bayless but what he said is in fact accurate can we without a doubt say anyone that has played in the last 20 years or so hasn't done roids? I don't think jeter has but who really knows. This is just a big deal because of who said it.

I agree. I don't think that any better gets a pass based on his image as Stephen A. is trying to imply. OJ Simpson was rated as the most respected athlete in sports back in the 70's (remember being shocked when I came across a book from then that had the list.) I truly hope that he has not taken anything, and there's never been evidence that he has, but IMO the possibility exists for every player who played in this era, especially one who seems to be defying aging. (Again, not saying he ever took, in fact don't think he did, but unlike Stephen A. I don't think it's sacrilege to wonder.)

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Bayless' reasoning that Jeter is much better than '10 and '11 is idiotic. Not every great player breaks down in his late '30s.

Ted Williams hit .388 at age 39.

No one suspected Paul Molitor of PEDs when he became awesome late in his career.
His boost was very similar to Jeter:

Molitor age 39: .270 avg. and 142 hits
Molitor age 40: .341 avg. and 225 hits

I guess Molitor was on drugs and should be kicked out of the Hall of Fame, by Bayless' reasoning. Ted Williams had to be on PEDs.
Bayless is nothing but a troll.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
Smith needs a chill pill

How many NYY players linked to PEDs? Colon, Melky, A rod, Pettitte, Clemens, Giambi....

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Beating baseball doping testing is very easy. You have to be very stupid to get caught. Something like they allow 4X testosterone and your still not considered using. Jeter is smart, sure he is two steps ahead of any testing being done now.

Members online

Latest posts