Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Players with no bowman chrome autos but older chrome rc cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I just wanted everyones take on this topic. which card is more generally sought after

A. original bowman chrome colored refractor rc cards from previuos years ( no auto in set )

B. autographed bowman chrome auto card but not 1st year bowman card

C. original until auto comes out then nobody wants the original card

example: 2007 1st bowman chrome colored refractors vs. 2012 or 2013 bowman chrome auto

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
just curious because I picked this card up for what i consider a steal and didnt know if I should hold onto it or list now. figure he might have an auto coming soon so didnt know if I should hold or sell it now.
IMG_3446.jpg

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
just curious because I picked this card up for what i consider a steal and didnt know if I should hold onto it or list now. figure he might have an auto coming soon so didnt know if I should hold or sell it now.
IMG_3446.jpg

2007 vs 2012?

Prices won't be as far off as if it was 2011 vs 2012 auto.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I just wanted everyones take on this topic. which card is more generally sought after

A. original bowman chrome colored refractor rc cards from previuos years ( no auto in set )

B. autographed bowman chrome auto card but not 1st year bowman card

C. original until auto comes out then nobody wants the original card

example: 2007 1st bowman chrome colored refractors vs. 2012 or 2013 bowman chrome auto

Five or six years ago this question would always be asked and there'd be twenty guys always swearing up and down that choice A would always, always, always be the answer hands down simply because the card was the oldest. Obviously they were wrong because, although they'd like for others to think they knew the future, they did not. And just like five years ago, nobody will know five years from now.

So the answer is really D. the answer depends on whatever card the hobby wants the answer to be for that particular card for that particular instant. Sellers may want one answer (perhaps right now a Bowman card), collectors may want something entirely different (frankly I'd prefer a TC auto card). Sellers are simply going to hype whatever they have to sell at that moment.

Although this is a great question to ask - in a way - it really doesn't matter what other people think as long as you're happy with the card you have.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I bought the card for myself as an A's fan but was thinking of selling now to make a profit cause im worried it will go down in value once an auto cones out. And with the $$$ buy multiple cards I like.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
I bought the card for myself as an A's fan but was thinking of selling now to make a profit cause im worried it will go down in value once an auto cones out. And with the $$$ buy multiple cards I like.

then i recommend you sell now. the card is not rare and will be available in the future

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I always like a guys first cards, as a collector. I mean, that is a legitmate rookie, mlb rc rules be damned. But I also want one of his first autos too. Which is why, even though I was able to get Hunter Pence stuff auto'd from 2007 for cheap, I still wanted stuff from 2004. Especially his autos out of hot prospects(which I don't own) and sp(which I do own). It does matter to collectors too.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Five or six years ago people would say "IF ALL THINGS ARE EQUAL, older is better."

Auto will trump non-auto. We learned that very quickly with 2007 Chrome draft and a few months later 2008 Bowman with Chrome Autos.

Five or six years ago this question would always be asked and there'd be twenty guys always swearing up and down that choice A would always, always, always be the answer hands down simply because the card was the oldest. Obviously they were wrong because, although they'd like for others to think they knew the future, they did not. And just like five years ago, nobody will know five years from now.

So the answer is really D. the answer depends on whatever card the hobby wants the answer to be for that particular card for that particular instant. Sellers may want one answer (perhaps right now a Bowman card), collectors may want something entirely different (frankly I'd prefer a TC auto card). Sellers are simply going to hype whatever they have to sell at that moment.

Although this is a great question to ask - in a way - it really doesn't matter what other people think as long as you're happy with the card you have.

Members online

Latest posts