Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HUGE addition to my HOF auto collection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
This one needs no introduction. I was at my in-laws' house when this auction ended, and my father-in-law can get competitive, so we overpaid for this (he footed most of the bill, MY MAN!). I do love the piece and have filled a huge hole in my HOF auto collection. This makes 228 different HOF autos.

Gehrig.jpg

Scan1.jpg

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Well done Wayne!! That is just awesome that you can share the hobby with your FIL. Did you get this from one of the major auction sites? Do you have a Ruth to go with the Gehrig? (edit, just checked your bucket, and of course you do :D)

Last edited:

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
The address, just a name and a town LOLOL

Yes, my father-in-law was intrigued by that, as was I. And his name is not Woody, but he did laugh at the name Woodward Trout.

Well done Wayne!! That is just awesome that you can share the hobby with your FIL. Did you get this from one of the major auction sites? Do you have a Ruth to go with the Gehrig? (edit, just checked your bucket, and of course you do :D)

Yeah, I have a Ruth signed book, but this Gehrig might be more up your alley, eh Scott? We did get it from an auction house.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

SICK!!!

is your FIL's name Woody? that would be even nicer!

FANTASTIC PICK UP!!!!

I am very jealous! The postmark to me adds even more value!

Not to hijack the threads but quick story. My HOF autos are all baseball cards (on card or cut). I see this autographed original photo of Al Lopez on the bay many years ago. He wrote "To Larry & Joey best wishes Al Lopez" on the back.My fathers name was Lawrence and EVERYONE called him Larry, my name is Joseph but growing up everyone including my family called me Joey. When I saw it I had to have it. I showed my father when he was alive and he was blown away by it. What are the odds??? Only card in my PC that is larger than a trading card, and the only autograph I would NEVER part with...

scan0043.jpg

scan0044.jpg

Thanks for letting me share....

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
^ thanks for sharing! That's a great piece and I wish I had something similar with my father's name alongside mine.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
That is a beaut, thx for posting. The whole thing from the Woody inscription, to the great old timey addy, to the nice and clear sig makes that a great collection piece. Congrats!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Wow, cool. Do you have a hit list? Who are your top wants right now?!

Again, thanks for sharing. Think this is a cool thing to collect.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Wow, cool. Do you have a hit list? Who are your top wants right now?!

Again, thanks for sharing. Think this is a cool thing to collect.
My biggest wants (that are actually available/affordable) are John McGraw and Mordecai Brown. Beyond that, I'm not sure I will ever be able to afford more.

Members online