Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Are the playoff teams starting to form?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raysfan1031

Jan 24, 2012
With most teams done with around 126 or 127 games, are the teams that are going to make the playoffs in the top of their divisions or their wild card races? Or are there any surprise teams this year?

A.L.
I think that the Rays are going to win the east, the White Sox are going to win the central, the Rangers are going to win the west. The Yankees and A's are going to win the two wild card spots.

N.L.
The Nationals are going to win the east,the Reds are going to win the central and the Dodgers are going to win the West. The Pirates and San Francisco are going to win the wild card spots.

Standings
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/index.jsp?tcid=mm_mlb_standings

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
The Pirate ship is sinking and fast. The NL Wild cards will be Atl and StL; in the AL the Tigers will win the Central.

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
Arrrrgg - why can't the Braves have a *chance* ...

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Here are my predictions:

In the AL

I think the Tigers are too good of a team not to overtake the White Sox for the AL Central. But regardless, whoever doesn't win the division is my pick for the second Wild Card Spot.

I think the Yankees will hang on in the East but the Rays will lock in the top Wild Card slot.

The Rangers are going to win the West.

In the NL

The Reds take the Central, no explanation needed there.

The Nats make it closer than they need to, but win the East. The Braves take the second Wild Card.

The Dodgers overtake the Giants down the stretch to win the West. SF claims the first Wild Card.

Frow

Here are my predictions:

In the AL

I think the Tigers are too good of a team not to overtake the White Sox for the AL Central. But regardless, whoever doesn't win the division is my pick for the second Wild Card Spot.

I think the Yankees will hang on in the East but the Rays will lock in the top Wild Card slot.

The Rangers are going to win the West.

In the NL

The Reds take the Central, no explanation needed there.

The Nats make it closer than they need to, but win the East. The Braves take the second Wild Card.

The Dodgers overtake the Giants down the stretch to win the West. SF claims the first Wild Card.

I don't know about that their play is fairly meh for a division leader and they seem to either get blown out or keep it close. Both teams have a fairly light ending schedule. Kinda funny but it may actually come down to the Royals to decide it. Both teams play multiple series against them and the Tigers finish the season against them. They play great against Sale and are 8-4 where as they are 1-7 against Detroit.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Orioles are winning it all::facepalm::

On a serious note, I told my wife if they make it to the World Series - not win it - just make it, I would run a marathon in 2014.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
QFT.......Go StL Browns ;)

Ha...if the Orioles win the World Series, I'm going to write a memoir about how my favorite team - an underdog featured of mainly mediocre players - went on to defy the odds and win the World Series and was solely responsible for me losing a bunch of weight and getting my ass in shape.

I'll call it "The Fighting Showalters and a Marathon" with marathon having more than one meaning.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I'll walk a marathon while wearing a beer can helmet if the Astros catch the cubs that's all I know. Its about all I have left to cheer for! When the playoffs hit I'll be pulling for the Nats and any AL team from the West

Members online

Latest posts