Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ben Revere's HR chances

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
I have never seen Ben Revere play, and he hits for a pretty good average, but the guy hasn't hit a HR in 918 career plate appearances. He hit 5 in the minors, but does anyone know if any of those went out of the park? He is speedy, with 30 stolen bases this year, so he may eventually hit an inside the park HR.

He is the only non-pitcher in the top 26 ACTIVE players with the most plate appearances without a home run, and he is #1 on the list. The 2nd position player is Tsuyoshi Nishioka, with 254 plate appearances.

So for those that have seen this guy play, does he have a shot at ever hitting one out of the park? Could he challenge Duane Kuiper and his 3754 PAs and only ONE career HR?

I remember as a kid getting pissed off to pull a Duane Kuiper or Frank Taveras, because neither of them ever hit any HRs. Then I saw Taveras on the 1977 Stolen Base Leaders card (from the 1978 Topps set) with Freddie Patek and I kind of forgave him for at least having some redeeming value in baseball.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I don't see him hitting one soon, but as a Twins fan I'm okay with that if he keeps his average and stolen base numbers up

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
I think he can, but it will be dumb luck. Everybody tells him to keep the ball on the ground and hit line drives to utilize his speed so if he does I'm sure it will be by accident. However, I have watched BP before and I caught a BP HR hit by him so it isn't impossible.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I am sure he will eventually.

Ben-Revere-trip-flip-and-slide-Minnesota-Twins.gif

yrocks2001

Jan 24, 2011
Otis Nixon went a couple of years with 0. Span will get one eventually.

Span will likely get a few since he already has 3 this year. Revere on the other hand may get one but there won't be a lot of them. He's actually showed better power to left field this year and a better ability to loft the ball to that part of the field. It's fine with me if he sticks to shooting it right back up the middle though.

Members online

Latest posts