Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Josh Sale (Rays) and Marcus Stroman (Blue Jays) Suspended 50 Games Each!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Wow. This sucks. :( :oops::-o

@eddymk Latest 50-game suspensions for stimulant use include two prospects: #Rays LF Josh Sale & #BlueJays RHP Marcus Stroman

Last edited:

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
Marcus Stroman I can remember pitch, not sure where now, but throwing so friggin fast for a smaller guy. Explains it.

Last edited:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Wasn't Marcus Stroman just drafted?

Correct. Here's more.

Blue Jays prospect right-hander Marcus Stroman was suspended 50 games for testing positive for a performance-enhancing drug.

He tested positive for Methylhexaneamine. It's tough news for the Blue Jays, who selected Stroman No. 22 overall in June's First-Year Player Draft. The hard-throwing right-hander has a 3.26 ERA and 23/9 K/BB ratio over his first 19 1/3 innings between Low-A Vancouver and Double-A New Hampshire. His 2013 campaign will now get off to a late start.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
stroman is a local kid from around here. That type of stuff never surprises me at all anymore. If they tested High Schools more often there would be no HS sports.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Rays prospect outfielder Josh Sale was suspended 50 games for testing positive for a performance-enhancing drug.

Sale is the fourth player from Class A Bowling Green to test positive for methamphetamine and an amphetamine. The 21-year-old outfielder was selected No. 17 overall in the 2010 First-Year Player Draft and owns a .238/.345/.408 batting line over his first two seasons in pro ball.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Stroman admits to taking an over the counter supplement that contained the banned substance. ::facepalm::

To be fair, if it was OTC, there's a possibility he didnt know it contained a banned substance when he took it.

Probably not, but ya never know

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
Rays prospect outfielder Josh Sale was suspended 50 games for testing positive for a performance-enhancing drug.

Sale is the fourth player from Class A Bowling Green to test positive for methamphetamine and an amphetamine. The 21-year-old outfielder was selected No. 17 overall in the 2010 First-Year Player Draft and owns a .238/.345/.408 batting line over his first two seasons in pro ball.

With that stat line he should ask for a refund on whatever he took.
I have a Bowman chrome auto in my bucket if anyone wants it.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
They should really have a list of "approved" supplements to prevent someone from taking an OTC product that might have a banned substance in it. There are just so many similar products out there and some that do change formulation from year to year. If I was a player I'd be scared to buy any kind of supplement. DMAA basically replaced ephedrine when that substance was banned.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
They should really have a list of "approved" supplements to prevent someone from taking an OTC product that might have a banned substance in it. There are just so many similar products out there and some that do change formulation from year to year. If I was a player I'd be scared to buy any kind of supplement. DMAA basically replaced ephedrine when that substance was banned.

I don't feel bad for players. Even in college, ALL supplements we wanted to take were supposed to be given to the trainer first, approved, and then we could start taking them. I 100% guarantee it that ALL PROFESSIONAL teams stress this over and over and over again to all players. Do not take a supplement unless it is has been approved by the team, period. If you don't follow that easy instruction, then you are freaking idiot and deserve what you get. end rant

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008

I am 100% positive that each team trainer has just such a list. I am also 100% certain that if its not cleared through your team you are accepting the risk and deserve the time when nailed. The testing policies have been in place long enough and enough players have been caught that I just don't believe any "unknowingly took" excuses any longer

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Stroman was suspended for taking what amounts to drinking four red bulls. Jack3d doesn't make you throw harder just makes you more wired and amped up.

Members online

Latest posts