Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps replacement WTF?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
Saw this on the BO boards. Can't believe that Topps held this card back as a replacement. If I was a big time case breaker I'd be pissed that this wasn't in the product.

Damaged card
ImageUploadedByFCB Cards1346244872.670162.jpg

Replaced with
ImageUploadedByFCB Cards1346244890.413907.jpg

Wow

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Are you freaking kidding me? But I see both sides, if they don't hold back and high end cards, then what would they replace high end damaged cards with?

But, the other side, DAMN, that is rough to hold that back

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
Are you freaking kidding me? But I see both sides, if they don't hold back and high end cards, then what would they replace high end damaged cards with?

But, the other side, DAMN, that is rough to hold that back

I hear what your saying but this card is one of the main reasons people busted this product.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I'd be curious to know if the lucky recipient of that "replacement" is having any sort of moral dilemma with himself or not. I know I would be.

alifaxwa2

Dec 24, 2008
Jefferson, MD
I don't see whats wrong with them holding that card back, as long as the state packout odds take that into account, not total print run. But, we will never know if thats the case.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
I'd be curious to know if the lucky recipient of that "replacement" is having any sort of moral dilemma with himself or not. I know I would be.

Oh you mean the fact that the Harper is probably a 3500$ card and the Trout well........

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
It's because Topps knows that Harper is the next JD Drew, and Trout the next Mantle. Thus in 5 years, the Harper will be a limited edition curio, and the Trout will be worth a king's ransom.

Stop living in the present, gang...

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
It's because Topps knows that Harper is the next JD Drew, and Trout the next Mantle. Thus in 5 years, the Harper will be a limited edition curio, and the Trout will be worth a king's ransom.

Stop living in the present, gang...

Regardless of what it is in 5 years, it's nowhere close now.

ArtVandelay

Jul 6, 2010
Probably no rhyme or reason to what Topps determines as a replacement, but here are the issues I see with it:
1) 3rd release Bowman Platinum Non auto patch #/5 is not = to auto #/5 BC 1st chrome auto
2) Replace like product for like product. I dont buy bowman platinum, so If I got that as a replacement for a BC card I would not be thrilled. I would expect to get something form holdback on the same product I bought.
3) 2011 vs 2012

Cant look at just the numbering on a card.

yrocks2001

Jan 24, 2011
I received a J.D. Martinez bowman chrome red refractor auto as a redemption replacement a month or so ago. Makes you wonder how many of the red refractor autos they hold back.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
Topps finally provides great customer service and then some and everyone finds a way to find fault.
I would just be happy I got such a nice card in return, can't imagine my luck being so good.

I can understand the hatred for not packing out the Harper but had the Trout been replaced with something less valuable Topps would be villainized for horrible service.