Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TNT Sportscards is slooooow!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
I bought 15 cards from TNT Sportscards on August 11th. It is not showing as shipped as of yet. I have sent several emails asking for a status update of when I can expect my cards to be mailed...no response. I know they are huge, but the lack of communication is really what pisses me off.

Anyone else had a similar experience with them?

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I know I'm getting to the point where I'm getting slower in shipping. Although I'm a one man crew. I try to get everything out the next day, but sometimes it isn't feasible - especially when personal life gets in the way or a new product comes out (b/c I break in massive quantity). I've been 3 to 5 days late getting packages out before.

However, I always answer inquiries ASAP.

brentandbecca

May 17, 2010
I don't want to say anything to put down another seller down, especially because in ways they are competition, but have you seen their feedback?
I will say early on when I came across them years and years ago, I would buy from them because as a case breaker I may need a few cards to complete sets or whatnot (back when you didn't have to do fixed priced at 99 cents or more). Anyhow, after numerous orders that were slow and missing cards or wrong cards, I too sent many messages, never getting a response. I had to open many ebay cases just to get my cards or a refund. So frustrating. At that point in time, I said they are huge with a team of people and I am one person but I want to be sure to answer every message timely and focus on customer service & selection so that I can stand apart. This was near a decade ago, so I owe a lot of what I do and DON'T do to coming across them.
Anyhow, the main reason I wanted to reply is to make sure you knew about sportlots.com
When filling my sets after trading, rather than going to tnt because of their larger selection, I go to sportlots because most cards are 18 cents and many have shipping under $1.
Great site that many don't use still. Just a thought.

Sorry you have had a rough experience but that is normal. Plus they like to use stamps never DC, and often their packages come with postage due. In fact there are threads on twitter and BO this week about that very thing.

brentandbecca

May 17, 2010
This happens. Life happens. The good thing is you still have good customer servce by A) responding B) being honest about having delays at times
Nothing wrong with that. I appluad it, and buyers should too, as they live life too, but sometimes may forget that sellers do too, lol.
I am sure even tnt with their team gets behind, and that can be expected at times too, however, simple communication would help solve much of that.

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
Thanks for your response Brent. I have bought from you as well and liked it. I use Sportslots some, but their selection of newer stuff is not that great and it is usually from multiple sellers.

Here is what I want...TONS of commons that are cheap, spanning every product, and with a fixed reasonable shipping cost. Is that too much to ask???

I know I am dreaming, but COMC comes close although their per card fees are starting to get a little too much.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Thanks for your response Brent. I have bought from you as well and liked it. I use Sportslots some, but their selection of newer stuff is not that great and it is usually from multiple sellers.

Here is what I want...TONS of commons that are cheap, spanning every product, and with a fixed reasonable shipping cost. Is that too much to ask???

I know I am dreaming, but COMC comes close although their per card fees are starting to get a little too much.

You would think someone would do a better job of this.....I know there are some guys like Casebusters that do this, but I think they really need to rip ALL products, and have a stable shipping price as well.

Last edited:

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
I am too waiting on a package. I am at the 10 day mark right now. I know, its only been 10 days, but item does not show as shipped in eBay. I will give it thru Labor Day to receive, then I will file a claim, as I have too dealt with TNT numerous times and have yet to ever get a response to an email, but when you file a claim, they jump into action.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
This happens. Life happens. The good thing is you still have good customer servce by A) responding B) being honest about having delays at times
Nothing wrong with that. I appluad it, and buyers should too, as they live life too, but sometimes may forget that sellers do too, lol.
I am sure even tnt with their team gets behind, and that can be expected at times too, however, simple communication would help solve much of that.

I'm assuming this was in reply to me - not sure b/c I was quoted. But I agree! I try to communicate with every buyer/potential buyer that asks as question. Communication is the biggest part of online selling, IMO.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I'm assuming this was in reply to me - not sure b/c I was quoted. But I agree! I try to communicate with every buyer/potential buyer that asks as question. Communication is the biggest part of online selling, IMO.

Communication is the biggest part of anything really. It takes a second now adays to communicate with someone.

There would be so many less problems with ebay/trades/sells/buys/etc if people would just communicate. Communication goes a long way

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I've seen these threads before and it's crazy. I have purchased from TNT several times and never had any problems. They have always responded to any questions I have asked and it never took more than 7-10 days to get my orders. I have nothing but good things to say about them.

I have come to believe that I am just lucky when it comes to them. I have seen these threads several times and it makes me wonder how they can take the time to be great for one person, but not for another.

brentandbecca

May 17, 2010
I've seen these threads before and it's crazy. I have purchased from TNT several times and never had any problems. They have always responded to any questions I have asked and it never took more than 7-10 days to get my orders. I have nothing but good things to say about them.

I have come to believe that I am just lucky when it comes to them. I have seen these threads several times and it makes me wonder how they can take the time to be great for one person, but not for another.

which tnt? there are a few, including a couple big ones.
I am sure you mean the same one, but thought i'd ask
tntnorthnj

brentandbecca

May 17, 2010

I could do this and I often do for those that email me direct, but would take me myself way too long to list each card, so I sell my leftovers/singles to RJ Hobby on ebay/inet. He has been around for a long time and is now making his store huge with singles from every set, but prices may again be a bit high which happens on ebay...but emailing direct often helps

If you contact some case breakers, like myself, we will usually be able to do it if early on for as little as 10 cents a card

I also don't like sitting on 100,000s of cards in inventory, and if I posted ever card I would be, then really could have issues with shipping especially when new stuff comes in and I am trying to list not ship, and taxes, and time, etc etc

Last edited:

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
tntnorthj is the one I was talking about. I've had nothing but exemplary service from them, but appear to be in the minority.
I've never had a problem with them, either. Having said that, considering the volume they do I'm not shocked that they screw up from time to time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts