Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Class action lawsuit for expired redemptions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mario1975

May 9, 2012
I find it hard to believe that there haven't been any class action lawsuits filed against card companies over the expired redemption issue. I know there was the one guy from Michigan who sued upper deck and won on a technicality but you would think by now an attorney would have tried putting together a class action suit. Seems there could be strong arguments made for false advertising. Could maybe even make the argument of applying the gift card/certificate laws to the situation. Also seems illegal to sell expired items. I mean I know we're not dealing with expired food and drugs but it just doesn't seem right. At a minimum you think they would have to give something of equal value. One thing I'm sure is if people filed actions in their small claims courts they'd probably have a pretty good shot of winning like the guy from Michigan because big corporations are probably not going to send a full time employee to defend an action over a couple hundred dollars and maybe if more and more people did this they would change their policy. Then again maybe now that alot of retailers are actually providing notice that products have expired redemptions the arguments and chances for winning are much harder. Still think it would be worth a shot.

Mario

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts