Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 topps chrome refractor hot boxes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sneekc

Feb 1, 2009
Open 4 packs for my brand new box, all the cards in the packs were refractors including a sepia. So....i bought the rest of the box and only opened 1 more pack to confirm, yep 4 refractors including an xfractor.

Been watching some breaks but haven't heard this mentioned out there. Anyone seen similar?

Sent from my DROIDX using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

yanxchick

Dec 5, 2009
Topps mentioned (I think on Twitter) that there were hot boxes where all the cards in the box were refractors.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Also mentioned on the sell sheet. 1 in 3 cases.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

sneekc

Feb 1, 2009
Also mentioned on the sell sheet. 1 in 3 cases.

nice thanks! Found a copy of the sell sheet once I searched a bit from my computer. Hmm....well I've got 18 packs left and didn't hit the 2 autos or anything numbered but a Matt Holliday sepia refractor.

To open or not...

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
nice thanks! Found a copy of the sell sheet once I searched a bit from my computer. Hmm....well I've got 18 packs left and didn't hit the 2 autos or anything numbered but a Matt Holliday sepia refractor.

To open or not...

If you don't open them, are you going to list them as guaranteed Hot packs and say at least a refractor and maybe refractor auto????????? Hot WOW AUTO

Well are you just like the pack searchers do

sneekc

Feb 1, 2009
If you don't open them, are you going to list them as guaranteed Hot packs and say at least a refractor and maybe refractor auto????????? Hot WOW AUTO

Well are you just like the pack searchers do

Not really sure how it's pack searching or even related to a pack searcher. I bought an entire sealed box (didn't search anything) and if I list all the remaining packs and sell them individually how is that bad? (opened a few packs and decided to stop) Not like I found a case hit and sold the rest of a case or hit the 2 autos in the box and sold the packs. That would be searching. Selling the remaining packs is a fiscally sound idea on the other hand.

I'm a collector but hey $10-$20 each for the remaining 18 packs isn't a bad deal for me.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Yep, had one opened in my store today. Every card was a ref & that included some color/ xfractors too.

sneekc

Feb 1, 2009
Yep, had one opened in my store today. Every card was a ref & that included some color/ xfractors too.

Were the autos refractors or even decent?

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Not really sure how it's pack searching or even related to a pack searcher. I bought an entire sealed box (didn't search anything) and if I list all the remaining packs and sell them individually how is that bad? (opened a few packs and decided to stop) Not like I found a case hit and sold the rest of a case or hit the 2 autos in the box and sold the packs. That would be searching. Selling the remaining packs is a fiscally sound idea on the other hand.

I'm a collector but hey $10-$20 each for the remaining 18 packs isn't a bad deal for me.

Who is going to pay $10-$20 per pack for 4, $1 refractors? The autograph checklist isn't that strong. Even parallel autos don't sell that great.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Were the autos refractors or even decent?

I saw Chris at Cards Infinity break one. His autos were a refractor and a base.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I had 3 hot boxes in my 5 cases. Unfortunately, it wasn't much. Instead of tons of base you are just left with tons of base refractors. A couple of my autos were base too.

Members online

Latest posts