Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

JURICKSON PROFAR CALLED UP TO THE RANGERS - AND GOES YARD IN FIRST AB!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
DKnobler ‏@DKnobler
Rangers made it official. They are calling up Profar tomorrow.

:D:cool: Break out your stashes, folks. :mrgreen:

And let's all hope the Rangers actually let him play.

Last edited:

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
Ahhh, sold all mine a while ago.

I'll be interested to see what he turns out to be. Immensely talented, but I'm wondering if an .820 ops will set the world on fire ( assuming he does as well as a pro as he did in AA).

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Would be willing to bet anybody anything that he doesn't make an ASG in the next 5 years.

I'm not a betting man, but I'm saving this thread and it will be enough for me to show it to you when he does.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
001.jpg

002.jpg

001-1-1.jpg

Last edited:

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
pulled this in a 3-box 2011 Bowman hobby box break last spring; I sold it a couple months back and it recently resold on ebay for like $638. I wonder what its peak sale price will be?

Since no cards have been posted, I'm posting this to show some hobby love: the card looks awesome, IMO:

PROFARGOLDAUDPN.jpg

Last edited:

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
The Rangers are my favorite team (lived in Dallas for 28 years) and I'm perfectly happy with Andrus, Kinsler and Beltre as the infielders. In fact, I don't get what all the hype is about Profar, other than his age. Maybe he projects well, but he's not a guaranteed star. His numbers this season were okay, but nothing to get excited about. I'd rather have Andrus at shortstop, since he's proven and still young. And the Rangers would be foolish to let go of Beltre.

Last edited:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
The Rangers are my favorite team (lived in Dallas for 28 years) and I'm perfectly happy with Andrus, Kinsler and Beltre as the infielders. In fact, I don't get what all the hype is about Profar, other than his age. Maybe he projects well, but he's not a guaranteed star. His numbers this season were okay, but nothing to get excited about. I'd rather have Andrus at shortstop, since he's proven and still young. And the Rangers would be foolish to let go of Beltre.

"Profar offers a rare combination of present five-tool ability and additional projection. A natural righthanded hitter, he didn't start switch-hitting until after he signed, but he has a smooth swing and great bat speed from both sides. His swing has more leverage and loft from the right side, and some scouts see only gap power while others predict 20-plus homers annually once he fills out. He's a pure hitter with exceptional strike-zone awareness for his age. Profar has average speed that plays up on the bases and in the field because of his elite instincts. He's electrifying defensively, with plus range and arm strength to go along with soft hands and a quick release. One scout compared him to Hanley Ramirez with Dustin Pedroia's makeup."