Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

An Expansion on Pre-Collegiate Football Cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I love being able to pick up guys that are actively playing college ball via Leaf's Army sets. Some of those cards have found great success on the secondary market (Lattimore's base card in 2010 comes to mind), not to mention there seems to be a huge niche among collectors for those products. Now, I call upon Leaf to expand!

Randy "Duke" Johnson had a huge breakout debut as a true freshman today, but he wasn't in the Leaf Army sets (unless I somehow missed him on the checklist). He was also part of the Under Armour game, which got me thinking...

Would/will Leaf be interested in expanding their pre-collegiate cards to cover the other big high school bowl and all star games for select top prospects? There's the Under Armor Bowl as I mentioned above (Topps made a small set, though I believe it was just handed out at the event), the Semper Fidelis Bowl (recently hosted highly touted freshman Rushel Shell), the Pennsylvania-Ohio Big 33 All Star Game (has hosted some big names in the past like Curtis Martin and Ben Roethlisberger, and Rushel Shell this past season).

If Leaf had to go the unlicensed route and blank out the bowl logos, I'd even be fine with that because the "college" products have looked great even though they're unlicensed. Or, would it be possible to have just a "Top 100 Prospects" type set with shots from either bowl games or high school games? Hell, a great idea would be if Leaf could hook up with ESPN and produce a set for ESPN's Top 100, or even do some kind of deal with Rivals or Sporting News or another agency that puts out an annual list.

Some kind of uniform design with the various bowl/all star games would be awesome! I don't know if it makes sense on Leaf's end...but I'm a collector and I don't have to worry if it makes business sense; I just know what I want. :D

03supto

Jul 25, 2010
Kicking myself...traded away tj Yeldon /25 green for something that could've been had a lot easier

unsungheroes31

Sep 3, 2012
Hi everbody this is my first my time on the forums. I would be ecstatic if leaf made a pre collegiate set featuring the top 150 prospects in a box set with an auto rt two. Leaf could air brush logos of the under armour game (if topps still has the license), and/or use high school photos (attached images). I would really hope leaf does make a set for the late winter early spring as I would love to get cards of players like Robert Nkemdiche (#1 recruit), reuben foster (rivals #2), Carl lawson (one of top de #4 on rivals 150), kelvin taylor (Fred taylor's son), and Altee Tennpenny (#4 RB) who are not on the army all american roster. Also back in the 1990's roox made a pre collegiate set that featured lavar arrington, david garrard, James Harrison, etc. notice the noah spence (sorry its small) is airbrushed
altee tenpenny 1.jpgtenpenny
noah spence 1.jpgspenceRobert nkemdiche 2.jpgnkemdicheCarl lawson 1.jpglawson

Attachments

• Carl lawson 2.jpg
    Carl lawson 2.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts