Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The best Greg Maddux Autograph I have ever seen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
Got this from a women who has been getting autographs since the 60's. Autograph was obtained back in 85 when he was with Peoria.

maddux.jpg

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Wow, that's awesome! What's cool is looking at that you can almost see where he shortened it out and cut out 98% of it after thousands of times to what it is today. Nice piece

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
The book is full of autographs. Full autographs of just about any Cub from the years 1985 to 1986. Full autographs of Rafael Palmeiro, Mark Grace, Dwight Smith and many more. These books could take hours to look over.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
This is the play card for the opening game of 1986. Check out the Grace. Being a Grace collector I have the play card from his first professional game.

grace.jpg

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
That's really cool. I have a Maddux autograph from 1990 that is pretty legible, but not close to that '85 signature.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
That's really cool. I've always thought Maddux had the oddest signature. For all the talk about signatures that are illegible, his has always been super weird. The G and the M aren't even close to looking like what they should be. It's cool to see at least the G kinda coming from his old signature. The M. I still have no idea.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
Who else do you have because I too am a minor league nerd, and a Cubs nerd

Here is the list.

Duffy Dyer, Jerry Morales, Jim Kelch (public address announcer) Pete Mackanin, Jim Wright, Rick Wrona, Hector Villanueva, Frank Spear, Manuel Lezcano, Donnie Richardson, John Turner, John Burden, Harry McCulla (Springfield Cardinals), Mike Frew (Beloit Brewers), Tom Steinbach (Beloit Brewers), Ben Piphus (Waterloo Indians), Bill McGuire (Wausau Timbers), Mark Howie (Madison Muskies), Bruce Crabbe, Jackie Davidson, Bob Glendening, Derrick Hardamon, Bryan House, Bobby Mandeville, Julius McDougal, David Pavlas, Jeff Pico, Tim Reid, Tim Rice, Cohen Renfoe, Jeff Schwarz, Mark Solz, Todd Smith, Michael Tullier and Darcy Walker.

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
I have an 88 Braves/Cubs program with maddux auto. It was defenitely the start of the slide for the auto. I wish I had scanned that before I put it away.

Members online

Latest posts