Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The ZERO All-Star selections squad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I was thinking how Nick Markakis might be the best player in the MLB that hasn't made an All-Star team but I wasn't 100% sure. I figured it would be fun to put together a starting lineup and rotation of players that have NEVER been selected to an All-Star game.

Let's say they've played 3 FULL seasons at the MLB level and are active which gives them enough time to build a reputable resume and to be overlooked once or twice. DH can be any player - doesn't have to be a DH.

Anyone got any suggestions?

C -
1B - Edwin Encarnacion
2B -
3B - Eric Chavez
SS -
OF - Josh Willingham
OF - Dexter Fowler
OF - Nick Markakis
DH - Chase Headley

SP - Johnny Cueto
SP - Kyle Lohse
SP -
SP -
SP -
RP -
RP -
CP -

Last edited:

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
Before the Angels had their current “fish” outfielder (Trout), they had a pretty good one in Mr. Salmon. I don’t think he was an all-star.

I don’t think Eric Chavez was either, despite all those gold gloves at 3[SUP]rd[/SUP].

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Before the Angels had their current “fish” outfielder (Trout), they had a pretty good one in Mr. Salmon. I don’t think he was an all-star.

I don’t think Eric Chavez was either, despite all those gold gloves at 3[SUP]rd[/SUP].

I guess I should've said current players. Eric Chavez is definitely a great pick, I can't believe he didn't make at least one team in his prime with the A's. Wow.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
All great choices. I can't believe Encarnacion didn't make it this year. What a snub.
Agreed! My guess is that the AL team already had a few 1B and a few 3B, so he didn't have a spot. Much deserving though. I wished he has at least on the Final Vote ballot.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
All three of those are finishing their third complete year. Still young and lots of time;)
Hey but they have played in 3 seasons! I could throw some more pitchers [3+ years] at you who are not nearly as good as those guys if that is what you want. =P

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I guess I should've said current players. Eric Chavez is definitely a great pick, I can't believe he didn't make at least one team in his prime with the A's. Wow.

The deal with Chavez is that he always started the season slow, so at the break his numbers were crappy.
Richard

Frow

Catcher: Jarrod Satalamacchia (had two decent years), Rod Barajas, a stretch but Miguel Olivo
2B: Jorge Cantu (27 votes for MVP in 2005)
SS: Juan Uribe (only active SS to hit 20+ HR in multiple years and not make an AS appearance), Alexi Ramirez (2010 Silver Slugger)
OF: Juan Pierre, Aubrey Huff, B.J. Upton, Alex Gordon (Top 10 in WAR last two years, bunch of other homer related stats)

SP: A.J. Burnett, Dice-K, Aaron Harang, Max Scherzer, Ian Kennedy, Joe Blanton, Brett Myers, Anibal Sanchez
RP: Octavio Dotel
CP: Kelly Gregg, John Axford

rehmus

Mar 10, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
I'll suggest Alex Gordon so we can go ahead and eliminate Nick Markakis from the roster. And let's throw in Shin-Soo Choo and Cameron Maybin for good measure in case Markakis8 finds a new technicality to include Markakis.

Dancing-troll-guy.gif

Frow

I'll suggest Alex Gordon so we can go ahead and eliminate Nick Markakis from the roster. And let's throw in Shin-Soo Choo and Cameron Maybin for good measure in case Markakis8 finds a new technicality to include Markakis.

Dancing-troll-guy.gif

How about we throw in Jack Cust while were at it

Sent from my LG-P925 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Members online

Latest posts