Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

10¢ Ryno Superstar Sampler day at Mansfield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Rather unimpressive show up in Mansfield today. I went mainly for Frenchy's table, since he wasn't at the last show, ended up hitting 3 of the 4 dealers outside the main hall. Nothing too spectacular pickup-wise, just a lot of common PC stuff.

And these, for a dime each:

img627.jpg

I was hoping he still had the Finest, but 2 out of 3 ain't bad!

Edit: also found these two Gwynns:

img628.jpg

Last edited:

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Lucky dog!

Every time I see a 1994 Bowman, Finest, or Stadium Club card in a dime box, I flip it over, just in case. Between the Superstar Samplers, Score/Pinnacle promos, and Donruss Aqueous, there's bound to be a wealth of rare stuff hidden away in boxes just waiting to be found.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
First off, cool find. What are cards like this worth? I saw a Mark Grace sold for $4.00 shipped. Are the stars worth a ton more? Just curious.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
First off, cool find. What are cards like this worth? I saw a Mark Grace sold for $4.00 shipped. Are the stars worth a ton more? Just curious.

No Ryno Samplers have sold on ebay recently, so I have no idea what he would go for. I think it's far preferable to have the whole set, still in the wrapper if possible, but many player collectors will take what they can get with these. I'd have paid $4 for a Grace no problem, even if it was just one of the three. Our resident Sandberg expert would know exactly what these would sell for.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
No Ryno Samplers have sold on ebay recently, so I have no idea what he would go for. I think it's far preferable to have the whole set, still in the wrapper if possible, but many player collectors will take what they can get with these. I'd have paid $4 for a Grace no problem, even if it was just one of the three. Our resident Sandberg expert would know exactly what these would sell for.

I sold my sealed Sandberg set last year to one of the big Sandberg collector's for $199.95. It definitely helps to have the 3 card set sealed, but you did just fine for 10 cents each. You'll have no problem at all selling them. You might try and complete it before selling. With the Finest recently selling for $11.49, you can see what type of increase you can get if you can manage to locate the last piece of your puzzle.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Couldn't make show today.

Was it packed for Shawn Thornton and Luis Tiant???? Tiant was pretty cheap and Thornton so popular even at $20, I bet Doug sold a lot of tickets for him.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
I sold my sealed Sandberg set last year to one of the big Sandberg collector's for $199.95. It definitely helps to have the 3 card set sealed, but you did just fine for 10 cents each. You'll have no problem at all selling them. You might try and complete it before selling. With the Finest recently selling for $11.49, you can see what type of increase you can get if you can manage to locate the last piece of your puzzle.

Do you track the sales of the sets? I remember another Ryno set having been listed other than yours but don't remember the end price. I think it was around the $60-80 range.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Do you track the sales of the sets? I remember another Ryno set having been listed other than yours but don't remember the end price. I think it was around the $60-80 range.

I do try and track a lot of the Superstar Sampler cards, but for some reason, I don't have any other Sandberg's on file. I've definitely seen them sell less than $199.95 though, but I guess it was before I started to really track and record them, but at the time I listed mine, no sealed sets had been listed in quite a long time. I sold the Ripken for $275 and I know a few people on here were pretty shocked. Sealed sets of the key stars are few and far between.

Members online

Latest posts