Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Braves' pitcher Kris Medlen is incredible.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
The Braves' Kris Medlen today extended his streak of scoreless innings to 34 2/3, before the Rockies scored an unearned run in the 7th inning.
It's the Braves' longest streak since Greg Maddux in 2000.

Medlen improved to 6-0 with a 0.54 ERA since he became a starter in July. (He's 7-1 overall.)

He missed most of 2011 recovering from Tommy John surgery.

Medlen was 5-0 as a starter in 2010. And most amazingly, the Braves have won his last 18 starts!

I had no idea this guy was so good, and I just barely recognized his name when I saw him on ESPN today.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
he has been amazing. for some reason i cannot find my 2006 BDP cards of his. :( i dont think i traded/sold them.

There was a great period a couple years ago when his stuff did really well...I'm still happy I dumped it then. Gold ref, a few refs and about 30 chrome.

Sent from a handheld, intergalactic communicator.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
I remember hearing a lot about him when Hanson was a top prospect because of the comparison between Maddux/Glavine and Medlen/Hanson similarities. I had him on my fantasy prospect squad but dropped him when he tore his UCL.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Glad I picked him up for the fantasy playoffs. Paid off HUGE today for me :-D

hockeyfights

Mar 4, 2011
Georgia
Everyone in Atlanta has known he's that good. He was just the odd man out of the rotation for the past few years. Got his first chance and shined when Kawakami ended up being a bust in the rotation.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Beachy, Medlen, Hanson, Minor is not a bad 4 man rotation if they all put it together.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Too bad Beachy got hurt. He was my sleeper keeper pick in my league. Having him healthy makes the Braves rotation really stacked for being so young.

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
A great guy as well by all accounts with a fantastic sense of humor. I'm just happy (and somewhat surprised) that Fredi didn't send him back to the bullpen.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
I had 4 autos of his from 2009 TriStar Projections lying around-listed them last night for $29.99 and 2 sold within minutes, so I upped the BIN to $39.99 and the other 2 sold today.

These are base TriStar autos-the last one to sell went for $.99, albeit in late July. His stuff is going nuts.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Yet ANOTHER example of why cards are so awesome!

A nearly 6 yr old card goes from common to $$$$ in a month or two & no one really saw it coming.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
From the Atlanta Journal-Constitution newspaper:

Friday's win makes a franchise straight 20 straight games the Braves have won when Medlen has started. In nine starts this season, Medlen is 7-0 with a 0.86 ERA. For the season, he is 8-1 with a 1.62 ERA.
He is 13-0 over his last 25 starts, dating back to 2009.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Another dominating game tonight. Now 21 straight.

MIAMI -- Kris Medlen pitched eight innings of four-hit ball and the Braves won his start for the 21st straight time.

Medlen lost the first two starts of his career in 2009. He hasn't taken a loss in any of his 26 starts since, with the Braves prevailing in the last 21 of those -- making them the first team since the New York Yankees to have such a streak, according to STATS LLC.

The Yankees won 22 straight times when Whitey Ford started from 1950 through 1953, a span interrupted by his service during the Korean War.

Medlen tried to dismiss any comparison with the Hall of Famer.

"Whitey Ford? Pfft. Let's go. Come on. Don't even say it," Medlen said.

He's now 8-0 with a 0.76 ERA as a starter.

Members online

Latest posts