Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tha Time I Got Some Guy Named Cameron Newton's Armband.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ggnike13

Nov 4, 2010
Orlando, Florida
With the start of college football season I was looking back at when I went to the Florida Gators vs. Hawaii Warriors on August 30, 2008. Towards the end of the game the Gators had a huge lead so they put in their backup QB Cameron Newton for the rest of the game. He scored two TDs. At the end of the game Tim Tebow would take a lap around the field and give high-fives to the fans. The other QBs (John Brantley and Newton) followed. Tebow stopped right before he got to me but the other QBs didn't. A guy in front of me asked if Newton would give him his armband. He was going pretty quickly and passed him and gave it to me.

Fast foward to later that year, Newton got kicked out of UF for stealing a laptop. He went to a junior college won player of the year and enrolled at Auburn now going by Cam Newton. He of course won the National Championship, the Heisman, was the #1 draft pick, and rookie of the year.

I think it was is an interesting story and thought I would share. Sorry, I don't have any pictures of it now but it's one of the large white ones he is wore in these pictures.

Hawaii+v+Florida+D_TURwqLuNvl.jpg
Hawaii+v+Florida+TGSKaDzASSAl.jpg

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
Cool story. I remember hoping that he would have stayed at UF but XXXX happens. Thought he had the chance to be a better QB then Tebow ever was at UF but just had bad timing at when he played there

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts