Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just got screwed on a 2010 Chrome box at Walmart...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Was at Walmart tonight, decided to grab one of the 2010 Topps Chrome boxes they're selling. Figured it would be a decent rip for $50. Get it home, unwrap it, start opening packs, find out half of them were missing cards. Didn't get any of the two autos, a single refractor, nothing. Just 75 base cards. The factory wrap was still on it, and the packs were sealed, so it doesn't look like a re-seal job. Do I have any recourse? Has anyone had this happen to them before, and what happened?

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Does the outside of box guarantee anything? If not SOL But come to think of it they only honor one year old products so you are more than likely SOL anyway.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
Why wouldn't you go and complain to a manager at Walmart? You were given a crappy product. Get your money back!
I just bought cereal there today. If half my cereal was missing I'd be down there demanding my money back and more.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Why wouldn't you go and complain to a manager at Walmart? You were given a crappy product. Get your money back!
I just bought cereal there today. If half my cereal was missing I'd be down there demanding my money back and more.

lol comparing buying packs cards to cereal

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008

He didn't open the box until he got home.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
retail is very miss, odds are much worse

It was a hobby box and we've all probably seen the stories of idiots buying quantities of wax and doing a really really good job of resealing them and returning them to the store. Free hits.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
That sucks! I've purchased two of them from my local Walmart and gotten the 2 autos per box and at least some sort of color. Usually a blue refractor and about five or six refractors (usually all vets). Since these are hobby boxes and you are due one auto you could try to take it back, I mean what the worst that could happen? Topps certainly won't do anything so taking it back to the store is your only recourse.
Good luck!

Last edited:

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
It's hobby and normally a company named Beckett stocks their shelves
(Not that Beckett) at least here in Texas. I would contact topps first as I am sure they have some of the crap players they overloaded topps chrome with that year.

Also I doubt Wal-Mart would accept a return for that type of product. If so i am tempted to take the 2 2012 chrome rackpacks I purchased.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Went back today after work, ended up getting my money back. It was a lot easier than I expected, but the woman's reaction made me think this happens there quite often. She didn't seem surprised or shocked at the idea of a tampered box at all. Don't think I'll be buying cards here anymore.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Went back today after work, ended up getting my money back. It was a lot easier than I expected, but the woman's reaction made me think this happens there quite often. She didn't seem surprised or shocked at the idea of a tampered box at all. Don't think I'll be buying cards here anymore.

I used to work retail and we had to accept returns on various items no matter what.

A woman returned a book 10 days after she bought it. I went to my manager at the time and confirmed with him that we wouldnt accept it. Wrong. He told me we HAD to accept her 10 day old book purchase return.

Costco will just about accept anything back. I've been in line where a woman had a half eaten pie that they accepted back.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
I used to work retail and we had to accept returns on various items no matter what.

A woman returned a book 10 days after she bought it. I went to my manager at the time and confirmed with him that we wouldnt accept it. Wrong. He told me we HAD to accept her 10 day old book purchase return.

Costco will just about accept anything back. I've been in line where a woman had a half eaten pie that they accepted back.

i watched a lady try to return a box of pop tarts at costco once. they denied her because she bought it when they were buy one get one free and told her she would have to have both boxes for a refund. lol people are pathetic sometimes.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
Exactly man, you did the right thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts