Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Allen Ginter Rip Card - Strange

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jubei777

Aug 7, 2008
So after a stretch, I cracked a case of A&G over a few weeks with nothing other than a UK Map/Coin card and a Federer auto coming out. I was bummed that I didn't get a rip card. Long story short, Topps sent a package today and inside was a rip card of Travis Snider. The strange thing is that it has the same number as the Matt Holiday in the checklist (RIP-RC91). I'm guessing that Topps cranked up the presses and forgot to re-number it. Thoughts? thx

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
One of Topps products from last year listed a couple people as certain card numbers. But I'm not sure why they did this in Ginter though

Last edited:

yrocks2001

Jan 24, 2011
Travis Snider RC-91 is from 2010, Matt Holliday is the 2012 with the same #. Did they send you a 2010 rip card?

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
could you share the crybaby letter you send to topps to get freebies with the rest of us ;)

jubei777

Aug 7, 2008
Good catch. It is a 2010 rip card. I guess I was a little overwhelmed that Topps sent me anything at all, let alone a rip card numbered 01/99. Time to remember whether or not that was a good year to rip.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Nice of topps to send crappier rip cards for 2012 cases that were shorted. I don't get it. Print X number of cases, and then print up X number of rip cards. Place one rip card in every case. How hard is that? We can put robots on Mars, but topps can't insert one card every 12 boxes. They would be best off if they didn't
put any odds or even came out with a checklist. Promise nothing would be best. Monkeys would do a better job.

Kevin

Members online

Latest posts