Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

muskiesfan's Week 1 Power Rankings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Thanks goodness today is the NFL Kickoff! I'm ready for some football.

I'm going to do Power Rankings after each week, so it's time to post Week 1.

1. New York Giants – Defending champs, they deserve the top spot.

2. Green Bay Packers – Offense will score, but what about the defense?

3. New England Patiots – See the Packers.

4. Atlanta Falcons – Roddy White and Julio Jones will be a dynamic duo for Matt Ryan.

5. New Orleans Saints – Hard to keep them down with that offense.

6. Houston Texans – Matt Schaub returning could mean a deep playoff run.

7. San Francisco 49ers – Alex Smith will play better this year because of Randy Moss.

8. Pittsburgh Steelers – They always play well, period.

9. Baltimore Ravens – Could be higher, it all depends on Joe Flacco.

10. Cincinnati Bengals – Team on the rise with all that young talent. Could compete for the AFC North crown.

11. Detroit Lions – Offense is good, DLine is good, if the secondary plays well, they’ll be good.

12. Philadelphia Eagles – They will be more cohesive this year and their record will show it.

13. San Diego Chargers – Philip Rivers needs to step it up. Coach Turner has to be on the hot seat.

14. Denver Broncos – Peyton Manning instantly makes this team better.

15. Dallas Cowboys – Maybe they live up to the hype this year?

16. Chicago Bears – How far can Jay Cutler lead them?

17. Buffalo Bills – Look like they’re headed in the right direction. Defense will be better.

18. Arizona Cardinals – I like Skelton better than Kolb. Will his line give him any protection?

19. Seattle Seahawks – Russell Wilson will give them a boost. They need Lynch back soon.

20. Kansas City Chiefs – They have talent on both sides of the ball. Could do big things this season.

21. New York Jets – QB controversy in 3, 2, …………..

22. Tennessee Titans – Chris Johnson will play much better this season which will help Jake Locker.

23. Oakland Raiders – Darren McFadden needs to stay healthy and Carson Palmer needs to complete passes to players in Raiders uniforms.

24. Carolina Panthers – Everyone loves Cam Newton’s stats, but he needs to start getting the stat that matters, Ws.

25. Washington Redskins – RGIII will excite this year like Newton last year, with the same result. He needs better weapons to win.

26. St. Louis Rams – If Sam Bradford and Steven Jackson stay healthy, they could play well.

27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Doug Martin and Vincent Jackson are upgrades, but a lot falls on what Josh Freeman can do.

28. Indianapolis Colts – Andrew Luck is much better than Curtis Painter. He’ll lead the Colts to a better record than the Jaguars at least.

29. Jacksonville Jaguars – Jennings will play well until MJD is back to normal, but I’m not sold on Blaine Gabbert.

30. Minnesota Vikings – Christian Ponder will have to do too much until AP is 100%.

31. Miami Dolphins – They go through a bunch of QBs, how about giving them some quality to throw to?

32. Cleveland Browns – They have some talent, but they’re the Browns.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
I think the Jets defense should put them higher on the list.

Chiefs, Cowboys, Cardinals, and Seahawks are all too high in my opinion.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I think the Jets defense should put them higher on the list.

Chiefs, Cowboys, Cardinals, and Seahawks are all too high in my opinion.

Thanks for at least reading and commenting, I appreciate the feedback.

Every week, we'll get a better idea of who really belongs where.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Thanks for at least reading and commenting, I appreciate the feedback.

Every week, we'll get a better idea of who really belongs where.

no sweat, i enjoy reading this stuff. Your Bengals i think will be higher on that list come mid season. So much talent on that team.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
no sweat, i enjoy reading this stuff. Your Bengals i think will be higher on that list come mid season. So much talent on that team.

I hope so. I think they have what it takes to be a contender, but you just never know.

As long as you keep reading, every week, I'll make sure I post one.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
As a Titans fan, it hurts my feelers to see them ranked so low, as I think they should be nearer to the middle of the pack than the bottom 3rd (I think they are MUCH better than AZ and are just as good, if not better, than KC).

Good list overall though. I think Seattle, Buffalo and Philadelphia finish higher on this list at the end of the season than they are now, but tough to argue with their current ranks.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Thanks Anthony. When you get to that middle point there 13-25, there's a lot that could go either way. I think the Titans should end up better than that, but I need them to prove it to me for a few weeks.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
I think SF is going to see a regression this year regardless of Moss. Their D played as well as a team can play D and I think this year injures and just a slight let down will cause them to lose 3 to 4 more games than last year. They will be in the playoffs though but as a wild card.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Sorry man, but your Bengals are rated too high, as is Arizona...;)

Philly, Dallas, Chicago and especially Denver are too low IMO, with Denver being Top 5 IMO...

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
Sorry man, but your Bengals are rated too high, as is Arizona...;)

Philly, Dallas, Chicago and especially Denver are too low IMO, with Denver being Top 5 IMO...

I couldn't see Denver being any higher than Green Bay, New Orleans, New England, New York Giants, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Atlanta or Chicago.

After those 9, things get a little murky: the all talent team in Philly, the all injury team in San Diego, the we're back from injury team in Kansas City, the no offense, plenty of defense Jets and the rejuvenated neck injury Broncos can all be meshed together in the 10-15 area.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
Hoping your wrong about my Chiefs Joe. I can't stand Cassel but they should have one hell of a running game which may allow him to actually do something this season.

Members online

Latest posts