Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps to put GM auto cards in 2013 Minor League products

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Really? Minor league GMs? I think there would be some interest in major league GMs, but who even knows who any minor league GMs are? That's just as bad as those scout autographs that were in Bowman that one year.
Richard

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Hopefully they will add scout autos which will complete the transformation of this product to total crap.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Really? Minor league GMs? I think there would be some interest in major league GMs, but who even knows who any minor league GMs are?
Richard

guess you aren't a minor league baseball fan. I know who the Albuquerque GM's have been going back to at least the early 1980's Dukes days.

It would be awesome if Isotopes GM John Traub signed some cards and I could get a certified auto for the PC or get a cut auto of longtime Dukes GM Pat McKernan.

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Cool, some future Theo and Ben autos .

This quote got me to thinking if there is any truth here. In other words, how often do minor league GMs make it to the majors in the same capacity?

I have always been under the impression that in order to be a good minor league GM, you don't really have to know anything about baseball. You have no control whatsoever over the players on your team. You don't deal with contract negotiations or trades or free agents. That is all decided by the major league GM.

The job of a minor league GM is basically to put butts in seats.

Of course, I'm talking about affiliated ball, not independent ball.

So, I guess my question is, does anyone know of any examples of minor league GMs (preferably recently) becoming major league GMs?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts