Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Going to Boston tomorrow, what should I do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
The wife and I are going to Boston for the weekend. We get it Friday at 5:00 pm, flying out at 8 pm Sunday, so a quick trip.

We are staying at the WestinN that is about 5 miles from Fenway. The only thing we have planned is that we have tickets to the game saturday night and the sunday afternoon red sox game.

So, what should we do friday night and Saturday during the day? We are not renting a car so all transportation will be public transpo or via Cab, so take that into account.

I appreciate the ideas!

Skrip

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
aww, no car, i would have invited you up the highway to NH
and bought you dinner :)

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA
we have tickets to the game saturday night

My wife and I have tickets for that game, too. Where are you sitting?

As for what to do, what are you and your wife interested in? With limited time there's Fanueil Hall/Quincy Market, the Harbour, the North End, or the Common/Public Garden. I don't know how far ahead you need to purchase tickets, but the Duck Tours are pretty popular, too.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
My wife and I walked the Freedom Trail when we visited Boston in 2010.
It's a free 2.5-mile walk on a red-brick path through downtown, that leads to 16 famous historic sites. It goes from Boston Common to Bunker Hill to the USS Constitution in Charlestown.
It's a great way to spend a Saturday morning.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Do Faneuil Hall Quincy Market area. Hit Dick's last Resort there. Tell us what they put on your hats, a fun place Friday Night.

Saturday do the Duck boat Tour. Picks up at Prudential Building. Last hour and half and see a lot of sights/history and some great views of city.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
You can get Duck Boat tickets day of. They run a ton of them.
Samuel Adams Brewery is in a pretty bad area, but they do give you lots of beer to taste test. It is free (ask for a donation), but brewery is very small. Basically two rooms and then taste away for awhile in little bar set up.

asmsportscards

Aug 16, 2008
skrip my wife and i eat in restarant in top of Prudential Building, awesome views, freedom trail cool little blah though

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Check out the north end L'Osteria some of the best italian food I ever had. Cool to walk around.

Wear your Cubs gear I wore my Yankee jersey caught some crap for it but it was all good.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Thank you all for the suggestions, I am taking them all in.

What is the Quincy Market Feumhil Hall Area like? Good for friday night dinner and drinks?

I like the idea of the Duck tour, seems right up my alley. If we went early enough, we should have time to see another area before game time.

skrip

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
Thank you all for the suggestions, I am taking them all in.

What is the Quincy Market Feumhil Hall Area like? Good for friday night dinner and drinks?

I like the idea of the Duck tour, seems right up my alley. If we went early enough, we should have time to see another area before game time.

skrip

Faneuil Hall area is nice, has some nice restaurants. Boston isn't much of a night life place however, you will likely be kicked out of most bars by 1:30am. There are nicer places to eat in Boston than the Faneuil hall area, but if that is where you are heading, The Black Rose is where I would go. A nice Irish pub/restaurant. I would skip Cheers unless you really liked the show.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Faneuil Hall Quincy market is a hoping area and Boston landmark. All kinds of places to eat there and shops/tourist stuff, bars ect Always has some interesting street performers as well going on. Dick's last Resort is fun place to eat. The hats they give you with sayings are pretty cool. Prices are reasonable.Cool area to walk around. Site of Boston Massacre Old City Hall is right near there as well.

Members online

Latest posts