Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Graded Trimmed Cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
I found a dealer who had a good sized stash of some cards I wanted, including graded TT miguel cabrera RC autos and ryan braun RC autos from 05 chrome

he had them graded and there were versions of bgs 8's to bgs 9.5's

my question is this

Most of his cards had a grade of 10 for centering, so the cards should match up
but on some of his miggys, I could tell slight differences of where the card ended at the top and bottom and the sides

by this i mean, the picture stopped at slightly different places

if everything had a 10 centering, does this mean some of the cards were trimmed or does bgs usually catch trimmed cards

i know this is an awkwardly phrased post but my main question is, do more cards than we think get by BGS or not?

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Johan Santana #57 said:
damn you hada good string of dumb posts but I guess we are starting over

how is this a dumb post, I have not made too many posts, and this is a serious question.
I have never really bought any graded cards and I just want to hear others opinions.

fengzhang

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
miguelcabrera said:
I found a dealer who had a good sized stash of some cards I wanted, including graded TT miguel cabrera RC autos and ryan braun RC autos from 05 chrome

he had them graded and there were versions of bgs 8's to bgs 9.5's

my question is this

Most of his cards had a grade of 10 for centering, so the cards should match up
but on some of his miggys, I could tell slight differences of where the card ended at the top and bottom and the sides

by this i mean, the picture stopped at slightly different places

if everything had a 10 centering, does this mean some of the cards were trimmed or does bgs usually catch trimmed cards

i know this is an awkwardly phrased post but my main question is, do more cards than we think get by BGS or not?

I fail to see how that implies the cards were trimmed. All it says is that Beckett has become more lenient on the grading the centering.

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
miguelcabrera said:
Johan Santana #57 said:
damn you hada good string of dumb posts but I guess we are starting over

how is this a dumb post, I have not made too many posts, and this is a serious question.
I have never really bought any graded cards and I just want to hear others opinions.

clearly you are in the minority if you think this thread is of any use

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Trimmed cards are SMALLER than standard issues from the same set.

Centering, top-bottom and left-right, has nothing to do with "trimming."

Has BGS graded trimmed cards? Certainly. Just like PSA, SGC and the former ***.

It goes with the territory. You allow some leniency and it opens the door for trimmers.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Johan Santana #57 said:
if the pictures you have and you can see them, why would we need blown up pictures, are we all blind??

no, it maybe because i am not seeing it right, the guy claims everything lines up right, so I just want to get better pictures before I show you guys

I just wanted to have this thread to discuss if cards get by BGS and PSA more than we think

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
200lbhockeyplayer said:

It goes with the territory. You allow some leniency and it opens the door for trimmers.

ok, thank you for your post.

another question
if I bought say a BGS 9 off of him, is there anyway for me to tell if it is trimmed while it is encased?

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
miguelcabrera said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

another question
if I bought say a BGS 9 off of him, is there anyway for me to tell if it is trimmed while it is encased?
Measure it.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
200lbhockeyplayer said:
miguelcabrera said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

another question
Measure it.

what are the standard measurements?
and what leniency does BGS give, because I heard one company (I forget which one) has some sort of leniency when measuring for trimming

Members online