Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Picked up 2 blasters of 2012 Pete Rose...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Went to Target last night and grabbed two of these, I'm pretty happy to get two Rose autos and a 50 card set for $60. The autos worked, the packs...not so much. I think it would have been a better move to give us the full 50 card set per blaster with the auto. If there aren't going to be any kind of parallels or plates or other inserts in the packs, why bother with them? Unless there's some unannounced special insert that no one knows about, there's just base. I know it's cheaper to do for a retail setting, but it couldn't have been a bank breaker to add something simple like a glossy parallel or the reverse negatives like the 2011 set. The anticipation factor was lacking, and add to that poor collation (many of my packs had the same cards in the same order multiple times) and the base cards themselves (great photos, but the cards are too much like UD Final Edition, that cheap retail stuff UD cranked out for $1 a pack). I would have had no problem paying $30 a blaster for an auto and a 50 card set; got my two autos, but wasn't able to put together two full sets. Or maybe even a larger base set? Why not have a few cards of Pete in his prison gear? I'd pay for that!

Last edited:

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
i received two full sets from my two blasters. but i agree with packs. no point in packing the cards separately if theyre is nothing else you can get.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Went to Target last night and grabbed two of these, I'm pretty happy to get two Rose autos and a 50 card set for $60. The autos worked, the packs...not so much. I think it would have been a better move to give us the full 50 card set per blaster with the auto. If there aren't going to be any kind of parallels or plates or other inserts in the packs, why bother with them? Unless there's some unannounced special insert that no one knows about, there's just base. I know it's cheaper to do for a retail setting, but it couldn't have been a bank breaker to add something simple like a glossy parallel or the reverse negatives like the 2011 set. The anticipation factor was lacking, and add to that poor collation (many of my packs had the same cards in the same order multiple times) and the base cards themselves (great photos, but the cards are too much like UD Final Edition, that cheap retail stuff UD cranked out for $1 a pack). I would have had no problem paying $30 a blaster for an auto and a 50 card set; got my two autos, but wasn't able to put together two full sets. Or maybe even a larger base set? Why not have a few cards of Pete in his prison gear? I'd pay for that!

Funny you mention this... we did this as a test in football draft...

Walmart got packs with 2 autos and target got set with 2 autos
walmart sold out
target sold only OK

Feedback was sets do horribly.. people like packs...
BG

p.s.- we would have put autos in the packs, but from experience this is the only way to GUARANTEE autos in boxes (anything can happen in foil packout)...

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
If there was something to be pulled from the packs (not the autos, them being separate was a good idea), it would make for a good rip. I checked all the dupes and triples I pulled just to make sure there wasn't a surprise reverse negative or some kind of photo variation. Was there any talk of doing such a thing, or was the plan going to be just base?

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
Funny you mention this... we did this as a test in football draft...

Walmart got packs with 2 autos and target got set with 2 autos
walmart sold out
target sold only OK

Feedback was sets do horribly.. people like packs...
BG

p.s.- we would have put autos in the packs, but from experience this is the only way to GUARANTEE autos in boxes (anything can happen in foil packout)...

I've been buying up the Leaf blaster at $12 whenever I see them, one of these days I will pull an RG3. I wasn't aware there was a difference between Walmart & Target. I think if people knew there were no inserts in the packs, they would have opted for the full sets.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
If there was something to be pulled from the packs (not the autos, them being separate was a good idea), it would make for a good rip. I checked all the dupes and triples I pulled just to make sure there wasn't a surprise reverse negative or some kind of photo variation. Was there any talk of doing such a thing, or was the plan going to be just base?

I agree and our surprise next venture into the player/set category will have chase elements... couldnt agree more...

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I agree and our surprise next venture into the player/set category will have chase elements... couldnt agree more...

Jeter?

Lol, my phone wanted to auto-correct that to say heterosexual but I'm a Yankee hater so I refused

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts