Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Replacement refs HORRIBLE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN
It's been pretty brutal in this game, that's for sure.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

The Third Eye

Aug 26, 2008
The Fox Valley
Yeah, I really hope the NFL gets it figured out. The Packer Niner game was brutal on both sides, so I guess it evened out. It's just really hard to watch.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
The refs were OK in the three games I saw, but the League Office has stated that they messed up the end of the Cards-Hawks game and gave Seattle an extra timeout, which definitely affected things, even though Seattle didn't score the GW-er...

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Regular refs make terrible calls...replacement refs can make terrible calls.

I think that most the focus on the refs is due to them being replacements....not being that much better or worse.

That said, with every game they ref, the better and more comfortable they get and the less likely the NFL needs to budge. The union needed a resolution before these games for maximum effect.

Sent from a handheld, intergalactic communicator.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Actually my teams are the Broncos and Bears so once again Kevin you are offpoint with me.
I just like hearing the people in the crowd SCREAM Your effing blind man wtf? While they make the calls on microphone.
Also sooner or later this could mess me up in fantasy teams.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I actually thought they did a pretty good job. The best thing I noticed is that a lot of the replacement crews let receivers and the defensive secondary battle a little rather than calling pass interference for minor penalties. They also tended to be a little less quick on the draw with unnecessary roughness penalties, which was nice.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I actually thought they did a pretty good job. The best thing I noticed is that a lot of the replacement crews let receivers and the defensive secondary battle a little rather than calling pass interference for minor penalties. They also tended to be a little less quick on the draw with unnecessary roughness penalties, which was nice.

YES! I can't tell you how many times I turn on a football game and get a game where the refs call everything. They were letting them play in the Bucs
game also BIG improvement.

Oh and I only have one team, don't need two.

Kevin

Members online