Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NL Cy Young...Kershaw again?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
Cueto is leading in ERA+ and War, but we have Kershaw and Dickey very close to each other in WHIP and WAR.
Who else can sneak in? Gonzalez perhaps?
Overall I think this will come down to the wire. Cueto has had a couple bad starts, and meanwhile Kershaw is sneaking in.

Last edited:

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Its between Kershaw, Dickey, and Gio right now. And in my opinion that's the order of where they would finish if the season ended right now.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
It would probably be Kershaw, Dickey, and Cueto for me. Those could easily change, although we are winding down.
According to the CYP on ESPN, Kershaw is ninth. Gonzalez is first despite not being close to Kershaw in K/BB, WHIP, but close to ERA+.

Last edited:

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Between Dickey and Kershaw, Dickey would win easily.

Dickey: 18-5, 2.68 era, 197 Ks, WHIP: 1.04
Kershaw: 12-9, 2.70 era, 206 Ks, WHIP: 1.02

Their WHIP, era and Ks are virtually identical, but Dickey's W-L is much better. Not to mention his out-of-nowhere story that the media loves, and it's a no-brainer.

For someone to win the Cy Young with only 12 or 13 wins, like Felix Hernandez did in 2010, their other stats must blow the other contenders out of the water.

Last edited:

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
CUETO fo sho
Why? I don't mean to be rude, but back up your opinion instead of just writing, "Cueto fo sho."

Cueto was the front runner, but he's slipped.
He is 17th in strikeouts, 9th in WHIP, 3rd in era and is 17-8 compared to Dickey's 18-5.

Remember, a team's success has nothing to do with the Cy Young Award.

Last edited:

koal

Aug 7, 2008
Why? I don't mean to be rude, but back up your opinion instead of just writing, "Cueto fo sho."

Cueto was the front runner, but he's slipped.
He is 17th in strikeouts, 9th in WHIP, 3rd in era and is 17-8 compared to Dickey's 18-5.

Remember, a team's success has nothing to do with the Cy Young Award.

i dont owe you anything

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
if Dickey doesnt win, its XXXXing fixed.

you can take all your XXXXing stupid XXXXing cybermetic XXXX and throw it out.

Dickey is on the XXXXing Mets, a XXXX team.

Members online

Latest posts