Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

That ONE card you wish you had not parted with (Not Investments)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
There have been similar threads but i'm starting another.

This is in regards to a card that was in your PC that you had to part with one way or another that you wish you still had. I'm not talking about damn i sold prospect X too early and wish i still had him.

This is mine and what makes it worse is that you never see any of these pop up on Ebay. I havent seen another one since i sold mine. Ive been kicking myself ever since the day i sold it. I forgot what happened but i sold a bunch of cards because i needed the cash.

zimmredx.jpg

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I had to sell most of my vintage collection this year to help pay bills and wish I could have kept the 53 Topps Jackie Robinson or Paige

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
As a teenager I traded this whole set for a bunch of Dallas Cowboys base cards. Maybe that's why I could never stand Elway...
mZ-yuURNCVoYeAHuo11onLw.jpg

highphat

Aug 18, 2008
I hit the Buy it Now on this card for $50 and flipped it for close to $400, but it would still look so nice in my Tigers PC!
KalineAutoIncoming.jpg

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
sold a 98 cosigners Manning/Marino dual autograph back in 99 for 125. Wish I had that one back.

Kevin

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Nolan Ryan RC. Sold it when I was 14, no real reason other than I wanted some money. But I have a lot of affection for cards from my childhood collection and that would've been a treasured one aside from it being the most valuable. Actually, any of the cards in the runs of Ryan and Brooks Robinson cards I collected when I was 11-12 would be welcomed back, they all got liquidated.

Aug 13, 2008
This one had been out of my collection since 99, but I acquired it back last year. It was a redemption card and the print run was out of 25. I'd like to believe that it is much rarer than 25 as I've only seen it one time before in the last 7 years.

scan0005.jpg

Last edited:

Titans74

Oct 28, 2010
1952 Topps Mantle PSA 6.5 Was a dandy to own, but cash is so much nicer in some circumstances.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
There have been similar threads but i'm starting another.

This is in regards to a card that was in your PC that you had to part with one way or another that you wish you still had. I'm not talking about damn i sold prospect X too early and wish i still had him.

This is mine and what makes it worse is that you never see any of these pop up on Ebay. I havent seen another one since i sold mine. Ive been kicking myself ever since the day i sold it. I forgot what happened but i sold a bunch of cards because i needed the cash.

zimmredx.jpg

Definitely a great choice! I had mine for a while until I sold my whole Zimmerman collection off. It's my favorite set, and you really don't see Zimmerman's show up often at all. Luckily, I have 2 Neil Walkers at the moment!

Since I don't have the funds to collect like I used to, I'd like to get one nice card of my favorite players ever. That being said, the one card I wish I didn't have to sell:

My BGS 9 of this

zim95.JPG

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
One that I plan to replace - a Bobby Cox on card auto.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
Vinnie Catricala 2011 Bowman Red one of one, I offered to dad about it twice what I sold it for even after his subpar season.

Second choice would be the and 94 Alex Rodriguez diecut that I mailed him when I was 12 years old to try and get autographed.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
$(KGrHqF,!mEE-l+Zo5MPBP-j6615D!~~60_1.JPG

Sold it at the 2002 National. Was in the first pack of cards I bought in 2001, the first year back in the hobby since 1995.

Maybe there are other Ruth Bat Cards that sell for as much as this one, but I don't know of em. Last ebay sale (auction-40 bids) was over $250.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Every time a thread asking this question comes up I always give the same answer, and it usually pains me to tell the story...

Back around 1990 I purchased a couple packs of 1973 Topps. Wound up pulling a Schmidt RC card that was balls on perfect. I held on to the card for about a year then sold it for $800 to a local dealer and the card only booked for $400 at the time (thats how nice it was). I know if I had held on to it and had it graded when that was a viable option it would have been a easy 9 or even a 10. With only 135 9's and 5 10's it would have been a awesome PC card!

Oh, and that cigar box full of ~300 or so tobacco cards I was given when I was around 12 years old, and sold for peanuts, would have been nice to keep as well... Truth be told, I have been in this hobby so long, I have hundreds of "I wish I still had..." stories that would make the average collector cry...

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Probably my all time favorite card I've owned. It was sad to see it go, but it was a life saver at the time and even though I didn't necessarily buy it as an investment, I actually made a few hundred dollars on it anyway. I look forward to picking another one up within the next year or two.

VerlanderGOLDAuto2.jpg

Members online

Latest posts