Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jim Thome nearing all-time strikeout record

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I had no idea Thome struck out so much. He's just 65 Ks away from Reggie Jackson's career record.

If Thome wasn't on the DL so long this season, he could have set the record.
Now he's coming off the DL, and could break the record next season if he doesn't retire.

Here's the all-time Top 10.

Note how high up Adam Dunn is after only 12 seasons!

1.Reggie Jackson 2597
2.Jim Thome 2534
3.Sammy Sosa 2306
4.Alex Rodriguez 2011
5.Adam Dunn 2003
6.Andres Galarraga 2003
7.Jose Canseco 1942
8.Willie Stargell 1936
9.Mike Cameron 1901
10.Mike Schmidt 1883

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Interesting stat.......do people think he will return in 2013?

I honestly think it depends on what happens with the Orioles the rest of the way. I could see the Orioles bringing him back for one more year if the cost is low. People will say "they didn't bring back Vladdy, why would they Thome?" Well one, I still think Thome has more pop that Vladdy and two, I'm serious about this, he talks. Thome is always in your ear talking baseball...Vladdy would sit in a corner and be quiet if you let him (and they probably did last year). Thome is a great motivator.

One thing is for sure, I'm excited to have his bat back the last 15 games.

And if Thome does break it, he won't have the record for very long.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Agree with markakis. If Thome does break the record he'll only be renting it until Dunn shatters it.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
I honestly think it depends on what happens with the Orioles the rest of the way. I could see the Orioles bringing him back for one more year if the cost is low. People will say "they didn't bring back Vladdy, why would they Thome?" Well one, I still think Thome has more pop that Vladdy and two, I'm serious about this, he talks. Thome is always in your ear talking baseball...Vladdy would sit in a corner and be quiet if you let him (and they probably did last year). Thome is a great motivator.

One thing is for sure, I'm excited to have his bat back the last 15 games.

And if Thome does break it, he won't have the record for very long.

I dont agree with the more Pop part but i 100% agree with the Bolded. Vlad is one of my Favorite Players ever and he was very quiet. With that said I still wish the O's would have signed him for another year. I think Thome's Motivation more than makes up for less or more pop in their bats. Im also a Thome Fan so would be cool to see the O's bring him back.

Members online

Latest posts