Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does a SGC Graded Topps Rookie Premiere Auto mean it is automatically authentic?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdbrak

Feb 16, 2009
Just wondering - bought a SGC96 of kenny britt - is there a chance its a fake?

Last edited:

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
It does not.

In cases where the sig has been evaluated, it is always indicated on the flip.

This is one of those instances where Psa is behind the times on an issue. I'm seeing more and more pre 2009 rookie premier autos in Psa slabs. I am currently working on pouring together some examples of fakes in Psa slabs to send to Joe Orlando with hopes that he pots an end to grading them without authenticating them first.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

jmc280zx

Aug 11, 2008
SoCal
There are a TON of Britts that aren't pack pulled out there... If it doesn't say authentic autograph just above the sig I wouldn't trust it...

Sent from my VS910 4G using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY

I'm not 100% positive on this one but nearly every Britt auto I have seen from his rookie year you can make out the letter B in the sig. Not so much on this one but that doesn't mean it isn't real.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
I don't know how you can tell if a card's ever seen the inside of a pack or not. It's well-known in the hobby that some of the finest graded vintage cards were meticulously taken from uncut sheets.

In to Topps Rookie Premier situation PSA is getting paid to grade the condition of a Topps Certified Auto, if the cards were made by Topps and the autos are bogus that's Topps' fault, not Mr. orlando's. Joe's company offers signature authentication for a small fee last time I checked...

jdbrak

Feb 16, 2009
poop. oh well, thanks. if anyone else has any opinions, thanks in advance

jmc280zx

Aug 11, 2008
SoCal
The britt auto looks legit... But I would have my doubts that it was pack pulled due to not having authentic autograph written on it... Only thing I can think of is topps could have given him some blank ones and he signed them and either gave them away or sold them..

Sent from my VS910 4G using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Members online

Latest posts