Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Outdated hobby items/ terms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Heres a couple of once in demand / hobby items which are now not used.
How about yours?

Stars on top of rak/cello packs

2nd yr cards which are more than 3rd yr cards, etc.

Thick brick screw downs

Side loaded 9 pocket pages

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
THESE cases.

One of my fondest memories of collecting when I was a kid was finally pulling a card worthy of using that cool case on, the O'Neil Bat Card (my first game used card):

ONeilBat.jpg

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Multiple magazines about cards, players, collecting, and other people's collections. Yes, I know everybody has their own website now, but back in the day, there were 5-6 magazines each month (or every other month) on the shelf to read, not just Beckett or Tuff Stuff (or even SCD!)

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
That one, gotta-have-it rookie card. Remember when players had that one super important rookie card which was no-doubt-about-it king of all their cards? Like the 1980 Topps Rickey Henderson, 1982 Topps Traded Ripken, 1984 Donruss Mattingly, 1989 UD Griffey. Nowadays I can't even tell you what year some of these players' true rookie cards came out, let alone what their most important/valuable cards are.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts