Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is anyone noticing the season Josh Willingham is having ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Yes, I know it's for a brutal team, but the hitting stats are fairly stout, for $7 million a year:

.262 avg (never been a huge avg guy) 35 HR's, 110 RBI's, 28 2B's, .901 OPS

Just thought I'd share, since nobody seems to actually be watching the Twins (looking at the ballparks where they've been playing recently).

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
He has always been qietly good. Not that it matters for the Twins but he is providing the numbers they lost when Cuddyer when to the Rockies.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Eric - Nah, being in MN and watching the Twins every night, you see what he's doing. Clutch hits and adequate D. Career season at age 33 with an outside shot at 40 HR's.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
I don't see 40 hr's happening, he's definitely slowed down in the HR department. Keep in mind over the last month or so, his AVG has dropped close to 25/30 points. I love this aquisition as a Twins fan, and more then replacing the output of cuddy or kubel. I hope we hold on to him for the extent of his contract instead of trading him which we probably will next year sometime. Snubbed from the AS game, but thats because the Twins have not put things together this year. Always underrated players across both leagues. He deserves his due though, definitely having a great year.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
He's on my fantasy team and been in my lineup everyday. He has had a great overall season. Great signing by the Twins.

Members online