Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Playoff ticket question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
The Nationals Wild Card/NLDS tickets go on sale tomorrow and im planning on getting tickets to at least one game. I was curious if the teams jack up their ticket prices for the playoffs?

A separate question, this years playoffs if i read correctly the lower seeded team gets the first two games and then the higher seeded team gets the last three. Will this be the same in the LCS? Obviously its 7 games but are they still giving the lower seeded team the first games?

thanks

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
In a 7 game the lower team gets the middle 3 games if I'm not mistaken. I would imagine ticket prices are each team's discretion but I don't remember the Brewers tickets last year being much higher than reg season if at all

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
First rounds usually does not go up. Then round 2 may or may not go up either. But the league sets prices on the Champion Series and the World Series

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
Any of the Nats guys going to any of the games this weekend? Some of the team collectors are in town for some games. It would be cool to meet some new folks.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
The Pirates started selling their Playoff tickets a month ago.

You should contact a Pirates fan for all your Playoff Ticket Questions!

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
How awesome for baseball if there were an oakland/baltimore vs washington/pittsburgh world series. I hope these guys make it all the way

TenaciousJDD

The Nationals Wild Card/NLDS tickets go on sale tomorrow and im planning on getting tickets to at least one game. I was curious if the teams jack up their ticket prices for the playoffs?

A separate question, this years playoffs if i read correctly the lower seeded team gets the first two games and then the higher seeded team gets the last three. Will this be the same in the LCS? Obviously its 7 games but are they still giving the lower seeded team the first games?

thanks

I had season tickets for the Dodgers a few years ago and what I remember is that the prices for playoff tickets were crazy, even for the Division Series. My understanding at the time was that the pricing was set by MLB and not by the teams. It seemed to make some sense as I recall each level having one blanket price for all seats when during the regular season the costs were tiered depending on how far out you were. I wish I could find the invoices to show you, but the cost for our 4 seats in the Top Deck for the maximum 11 playoff games was higher than what we paid for 81 regular season games and 2 exhibitions.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Damn ticket prices on Ebay are already crazy. I may buy 4 for each of the games so i can just sell the extras. lol depending on the price.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
I had season tickets for the Dodgers a few years ago and what I remember is that the prices for playoff tickets were crazy, even for the Division Series. My understanding at the time was that the pricing was set by MLB and not by the teams. It seemed to make some sense as I recall each level having one blanket price for all seats when during the regular season the costs were tiered depending on how far out you were. I wish I could find the invoices to show you, but the cost for our 4 seats in the Top Deck for the maximum 11 playoff games was higher than what we paid for 81 regular season games and 2 exhibitions.

thanks for the heads up. i really hope theyre not crazy like that.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
I paid $40 for a third level ticket which during the season would cost $8. So yes teams jack up the prices because they can.
I subscribe to the Texas Rangers newsletter and you have to enter an online raffle and be picked to buy tickets. I got to buy tickets for 1 playoff game.
Normally the tickets are for your teams home playoff games so they are generic and only say Home Game 1 or Home Game 2 etc.
I went with Game 2 since Game 1 was standing room only.

The way the playoffs work this year is different than the last and a big disadvantage to #1 seeds in my opinion.
The first 2 games are played at the Wild Card team's ballpark and then Game 3 at the top seeds park and 4 and 5 if necessary are scheduled for the top seed.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/schedule/ps.jsp?y=12

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
The Reds are doing the online raffle this year as well. Neither my wife or I won for the first round, but hopefully we'll get a shot at CS or WS tickets.

I paid $40 for a third level ticket which during the season would cost $8. So yes teams jack up the prices because they can.
I subscribe to the Texas Rangers newsletter and you have to enter an online raffle and be picked to buy tickets. I got to buy tickets for 1 playoff game.
Normally the tickets are for your teams home playoff games so they are generic and only say Home Game 1 or Home Game 2 etc.
I went with Game 2 since Game 1 was standing room only.

The way the playoffs work this year is different than the last and a big disadvantage to #1 seeds in my opinion.
The first 2 games are played at the Wild Card team's ballpark and then Game 3 at the top seeds park and 4 and 5 if necessary are scheduled for the top seed.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/schedule/ps.jsp?y=12

Bonds73

Aug 7, 2008
Just got Oriole tickets for the potential 1 game wild card playoff. Thought that would be quite an experience as the 1st wild card play-in game in MLB history. Upper reserved ticket went for $ 35 plus $ 6 convenience charge (Just charge me $ 41 for the damn ticket, will ya). Regular season these go for between $ 17 and $ 24.

Members online