Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need some advice on a legal issue regarding scams paypal etc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ROLLTIDE4LIFE

Sep 10, 2008
Ok well a guy on here scammed me and a few others for 1,000+ in paypal. I am a little disappointed to be honest. This guy had been a problem trader on here before but there is no way for anyone else to know this. I suggest that to maintain this as the best trade and info site on the internet ( and my personal fave, do not mean to bash but this is a fair criticism) that their be more visible signs and rules to trading. Enough of that, I love this site and do not want to bad-mouth it because I got ripped off which is an inherent risk online.

The real issue. I want to get this scumbag. I have all his information. I am gathering all the evidence I can from the others who were scammed on here in an effort to present a clear and strong case for a relatively substantial amount of money. my question is how do I pursue prosecution? Is there some sort of online body dedicated to internet fraud you would suggest? is it best too contact his local authorities? I just want to do this as quickly and effectively as possible so as to clean the bad taste out of my and some other outstanding baord members mouths?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Ethan

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
ROLLTIDE4LIFE said:
Ok well a guy on here scammed me and a few others for 1,000+ in paypal. I am a little disappointed to be honest. This guy had been a problem trader on here before but there is no way for anyone else to know this. I suggest that to maintain this as the best trade and info site on the internet ( and my personal fave, do not mean to bash but this is a fair criticism) that their be more visible signs and rules to trading. Enough of that, I love this site and do not want to bad-mouth it because I got ripped off which is an inherent risk online.

The real issue. I want to get this scumbag. I have all his information. I am gathering all the evidence I can from the others who were scammed on here in an effort to present a clear and strong case for a relatively substantial amount of money. my question is how do I pursue prosecution? Is there some sort of online body dedicated to internet fraud you would suggest? is it best too contact his local authorities? I just want to do this as quickly and effectively as possible so as to clean the bad taste out of my and some other outstanding baord members mouths?

Thank you,
Ethan

who is it?

have you talked to a moderator about it?

caseumsd6

Aug 13, 2008
cgilmo said:
ROLLTIDE4LIFE said:

Thank you,
Ethan

who is it?

have you talked to a moderator about it?

Yes we have talked to a mod about it. This guy is pure scum. If you want gilmo, I'll pm you his name.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
guys, i am sorry that you guys got scammed by someone here :shock:

i hope it would be ok with the mods if you could disclose the name and such so that us traders/buyers avoid at all costs

good luck and hope all of you can recoup everything

dave

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
Paul told me to tell you that he took me for a Beavan chrome Auto 6 months ago. I also suggest you contact pat neshek on his trade site and the SCF staff; he was a problem over there, as well.

JG

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Ok, lets hold off on sending out all the PMs before the staff has a concrete answer for the OP on this. I am pretty sure that this is a legit issue, I just don't want to let things get out of hand on here.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
Guys, is it really necessary to ask him to give you his info if you were not involved with the guy? This thread was the OP asking for info on what he should do. He was NOT creating a thread for the purpose of warning others.
Just my .02.

Members online

Latest posts