Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What Young Major Leaguer Has The Most Untapped Upside.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I was just thinking about this while watching the Oscars.....

My nominees:

Delmon Young
Alex Gordon
Scott Kazmir
Justin Upton
Rickie Weeks

.....would love to hear some more and reasons. Thanks.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Kazmir is a certifiable ace already, so I'd keep him off the list. Upton showed strides. I'd give my vote to Weeks. Of course it seems like he'll never take a walk and refuses to utilize his speed better. Stubbornness may very well keep him from achieving anything

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Brewer Andy said:
Kazmir is a certifiable ace already, so I'd keep him off the list. Upton showed strides. I'd give my vote to Weeks. Of course it seems like he'll never take a walk and refuses to utilize his speed better. Stubbornness may very well keep him from achieving anything

Just to be clear....this is just who I thought of. Please add your players/pitchers that you think of too....

Thanks.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Delmon Young
Alex Gordon
Justin Upton
Elijah Dukes
B.J. Upton
Lastings Milledge
Felix Hernandez

bricewaynebisel

Jan 27, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
Ubaldo Jimenez is filthy and I think will keep building on the end of last year.

I really hope Morales can come back for the Rockies, especially with losing Francis. He is a monster when he's on.

lvdan

Aug 25, 2008
bricewaynebisel said:
Ubaldo Jimenez is filthy and I think will keep building on the end of last year.

I really hope Morales can come back for the Rockies, especially with losing Francis. He is a monster when he's on.
I was just gonna say, Ubaldo and Elijah..
also every time I watch the pirates Doumit just kills the ball

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
D.Young hands down. He's got the skills and potential to be one of the best young OF's in the game, but he's too stubborn to listen to management that he'll keep making the same mistakes and hinder his own growth.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
wolfmanalfredo said:
D.Young hands down. He's got the skills and potential to be one of the best young OF's in the game, but he's too stubborn to listen to management that he'll keep making the same mistakes and hinder his own growth.

I agree, Young is a bit of a puzzle. I think a ton of fans are ready to write Young off. This is really evident in Fantasy Baseball. I think people forget that he's still SUPER YOUNG and wont hit his prime for another 5-6 years. The expectations were so high with young that if basically any other player his age put up the numbers he's had over the last two years, they would be more highly-touted than Young is now.

Think if Denard Span had Delmon Young's rookie season.....

Members online

Latest posts