Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Chris Sale = Undervalued

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gomatt

Oct 1, 2008
I just picked up a Bowman Chrome Gold Ref Auto for $175. Yes, I know he was a reliever, but his stats are impressive for someone so young. Is it just me or is he undervalued? He is probably the guy I will be buying this off season.

Is there something I'm missing here?

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I don't think you are missing anything. Solid young player on a contending team. But, he has a lot of autos in the market and not a huge collecting base. Kind of like his teammate Addison Reed.

If they were on the Yankees or Rangers their stuff would be red hot.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Great buy. He's a top 10 pitcher in all of baseball and probably the youngest guy on the list. 6'8", rail thin, relatively unathletic looking, basically throws side-arm, and it comes out at 101 MPH, that HAS to be terrifying for a hitter since it appears as though the ball is heading towards you

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Huge steal as the 'reliever' stigma is still on him. Whereas if you just look at his stats you see CY YOUNG.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I think that's an outstanding buy ! Sure, his August through now stats haven't mirrored his early season stats, BUT, his potential is nearly unlimited.

gomatt

Oct 1, 2008
I just think it's interesting that he is young/contending for the CY, dominant throughout the year, and his Bowman Chrome Auto goes for $20. That is a steal compared to present Trevor Bauer, Dylan Bundy, Matt Harvey, etc levels. It's all relative.

Members online

Latest posts