Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This makes me sick!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pgwtamu

Feb 13, 2009
Just sold an item on ebay for $520 with free shipping. Ebay and Paypal Fees are $63.00. I am normally a lower end seller, $100 max typically. The fees just took a HUGE chunk out of my profit. Just venting a little, I knew what I was getting myself into. :mad:

pgwtamu

Feb 13, 2009
it was a box of fleer retro.....so I'm guessing not long, just didn't want to take the effort to pimp it around.....mudflap it's wtamu, we are the buffaloes!!!!!!

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Same rake, if not lower, than most eBay sales, you probably don't notice it as much in the smaller transactions.

No matter what...nothing else gets even close to the market for your items.

It's a love/hate relationship for sure.

Sent from a handheld, intergalactic communicator.

pgwtamu

Feb 13, 2009
wnut, are you serious? I thought BIN charged a higher FVF. Dang, that makes me mad.....

pgwtamu

Feb 13, 2009
chris, I bought it locally, so that wasn't an option. It was more of a sticker shock than anything, I made a nice profit on it, don't get me wrong, I'm tickled to death to make money....

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
chris, I bought it locally, so that wasn't an option. It was more of a sticker shock than anything, I made a nice profit on it, don't get me wrong, I'm tickled to death to make money....

I realize I am in the minority here, but I actually think ebay takes about the right amount as it's cut.

Yes, it is a lot of money. Consider the resources that they put out that enabled you to make that sale.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
I realize I am in the minority here, but I actually think ebay takes about the right amount as it's cut.

Yes, it is a lot of money. Consider the resources that they put out that enabled you to make that sale.

You are exactly right. Noone ever thinks about Ebay's costs. I am an accountant for a fortune 500 company and most people wouldn't believe what it costs to run a company that size. I don't think their fees are that bad when you consider the amazing market they are providing.

pgwtamu

Feb 13, 2009

I'm not disagreeing with you in the least. That's the reason I sold it on ebay, very quick turn around. Like I said, I am typically a lower end seller, and just had a wow moment. lol

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Ebay/Paypal will make more money off cards than even the best flippers out there.

How much money will they make off the same $400 card sold three times?

Boylen33

Jan 26, 2011
Alabama
Remember the good old days when we could cover a good percentage of our fees by charging more on shipping....and when they didn't take a cut of the shipping?

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota

Exactly. Where else can we reach millions apon millions of viewers and make overall net sales of 20% or less in fees? Nowhere, thats where. Honestly, not trying to be stern against the thread initial posting, but that is a more then fair price we pay to get the exposure of ebay.

Members online