Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Triple Threads All Star Patches 1/1 - Which would you rather have?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dodgerblue

Jul 12, 2012
Looking at eBay and seeing all the neat #1/1 2012 Triple Threads All Star Patches got me to thinking about which was the "best" - from an aesthetics standpoint, uniqueness, rarity, etc. For example, would you rather have the All Star Team Jumbo Patch card (booklet)? The All Star Logo Jumbo Patch (tri-fold)? Or the dual swatch with the MLB logoman?

Obviously, in a perfect world, it would be neat to have all three. However, given the reality of limited resource, I think my preference would be:
- logoman
- team patch
- all star patch

Looking at completed sales on ebay, and the small sample size, it's hard to tell if buyers are paying a premium for one type or another. I would be curious to know what other people think.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
One thing to remember on these, all of these come off of a Workout Jersey, not the actual ASG jersey.

You could add in a fourth item here, the All Star Laundry Tag

This is a tough one to gauge for me, as I have seen 3 of the 4 for my player, Cuddyer.

First one that came up was the Laundry Tag, I got it for $200. Looking over the checklist, I knew that this was one I wanted if I wasnt able to obtain the ASG Sleeve patch, so I thought it was a fair price.

The next day or so, the Team Sleeve logo came up, BIN/BO of $295, I put in an offer close to what I paid for the ASG Laundry Tag, someone hit the BIN, so that sold for, with shipping, $300

Then this weekend, the ASG Sleeve patch came up, BIN/BO of $699. I put in what I felt was a fair BO on this for card, someone put in a higher BO of $500 :eek:. I love the uniqueness of the ASG Sleeve patch, and I am sure that Cuddy will never sniff another ASG, but dang, 5 bills for a workout jersey patch is just insane to me, especially for the caliber of player that Cuddyer is.

So to recap:
Laundry Tag - $200
Team Sleeve Patch - $300
ASG Sleeve Patch - $500

Thats a grand so far for a workout jersey.
Add in the logoman, I would probably say as a fair estimate, $150-250 on that one

I know people "collect cards, not full jerseys", but I can tell you that for $1250, I have paid that 3 full gamers of Cuddyer. And remember, these are "workout jerseys" that the patches are coming from.

In the end, I would have loved to obtain all 4 of the above, but at best, I will get 2 of the 4
If money was no object, in order of preference, I would go in this order of preference:

ASG Sleeve Patch
ASG Laundry Tag
Logoman Patch
Team Sleeve Patch

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
sizemore-ttt-asg-1-1.jpg

By far. This is one of my top 5 favorite cards I own. One of the top 5 favorite things I own, actually.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
Joel Hanrahan Sleeve Patch brought $326, admittedly it was very nice looking but geeze man talk about having a hard time moving that thing in a few years.

dp33

Jun 2, 2009
I would rank them:

Team Sleeve Patch
Logoman Patch
ASG Laundry Tag
ASG Sleeve Patch

Pretty much the opposite of others so far. The thing I don't like about the sleeve patch is that it's broken up and that is just not visually appealing to me. I mean, some of the patches aren't even complete. What did they do with the parts that they shaved off?

At least it appears that the Cuddyer All-Star patch is the whole thing, but I'd much rather have that Twins logo booklet - that is a sweet card!

As a side note, I don't think Weeks is listed as having all of the versions, which is disappointing. None have even surfaced yet that I'm aware of.

dodgerblue

Jul 12, 2012
Thanks for the input everyone...very interesting to hear people's views, but that's part of what makes collecting so exciting. I was surprised as well to see the Hanrahan sell for what it did, given that a Justin Upton went for $212, but I was thinking someone just really dug the Pirates patch (it is cooler looking than the D-backs one, IMHO).

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
sizemore-ttt-asg-1-1.jpg

By far. This is one of my top 5 favorite cards I own. One of the top 5 favorite things I own, actually.

I wonder if its from the Derby?!I know they have 3-4 wprkout jerseys they were thruout the event(s),but man that'd be awesome!

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
One thing to remember on these, all of these come off of a Workout Jersey, not the actual ASG jersey.

You could add in a fourth item here, the All Star Laundry Tag

This is a tough one to gauge for me, as I have seen 3 of the 4 for my player, Cuddyer.

First one that came up was the Laundry Tag, I got it for $200. Looking over the checklist, I knew that this was one I wanted if I wasnt able to obtain the ASG Sleeve patch, so I thought it was a fair price.

The next day or so, the Team Sleeve logo came up, BIN/BO of $295, I put in an offer close to what I paid for the ASG Laundry Tag, someone hit the BIN, so that sold for, with shipping, $300

Then this weekend, the ASG Sleeve patch came up, BIN/BO of $699. I put in what I felt was a fair BO on this for card, someone put in a higher BO of $500 :eek:. I love the uniqueness of the ASG Sleeve patch, and I am sure that Cuddy will never sniff another ASG, but dang, 5 bills for a workout jersey patch is just insane to me, especially for the caliber of player that Cuddyer is.

So to recap:
Laundry Tag - $200
Team Sleeve Patch - $300
ASG Sleeve Patch - $500

Thats a grand so far for a workout jersey.
Add in the logoman, I would probably say as a fair estimate, $150-250 on that one

I know people "collect cards, not full jerseys", but I can tell you that for $1250, I have paid that 3 full gamers of Cuddyer. And remember, these are "workout jerseys" that the patches are coming from.

In the end, I would have loved to obtain all 4 of the above, but at best, I will get 2 of the 4
If money was no object, in order of preference, I would go in this order of preference:

ASG Sleeve Patch
ASG Laundry Tag
Logoman Patch
Team Sleeve Patch

You are way to caught up on the workout jersey. I said wow those are awesome looking and didn't care if he wore it or not.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
That's just it, it is your collection. Do it as you want to do it. I love looking at your pickups, I wasn't saying anything bad about it I just think that that Twins logo one went really cheap

Wouldnt surprise me one bit if a certain collector in the Twins thread got one if not both of the Cuddy's

Don't Laundy tags have MLB game used hologram on them?

If so that would be the piece most desirable in my book.

Yes they do

Members online

Latest posts