Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ARGH! Auctions pulled just at the 12 hour mark.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
Nothing more disappointing than following an auction for six and a half days only to have the auction pulled just before it hits the 12 hour mark. And here I thought little_italian was one of those good, auctions go to the end, ebay sellers. I guess now. Now it'll probably sit next to their other overpriced stuff. :( :( :(

[ebay:ed4ny43m] 400032154738[/ebay:ed4ny43m]

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
I am sure there are many members that might considering taking the same course of action on a 1/1 card with no bids in the late stages of the auction.

You can't really expect a seller to take a hit on that card...the economy is bad and sellers need to protect their interests. You never know, maybe someone made a solid off line offer.

It would be different if the card sold for $1 and the seller refused to ship.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
muchuckwagon said:
I am sure there are many members that might considering taking the same course of action on a 1/1 card with no bids in the late stages of the auction.

You can't really expect a seller to take a hit on that card...the economy is bad and sellers need to protect their interests. You never know, maybe someone made a solid off line offer.

It was up to $185.

He just emailed me and told me he pulled it as he was worried about sales. Said he had offers to sell of $600 and $650 and that both guys would be willing to go higher. If you've got offers like that (The most expensive Mendenhall sold to this date is $400), you card is already at $185 with 12 hours to go (and if you are any kind of seller on ebay, you know all the action happens close to the end)... I don't see how you cancel the auction.

All I know is that autographed NFL shied rcs are the biggest sellers for football and if multiple people are offering you a couple hundred more than auto shields have gone and you have a tag auto... You are probably set up for a pretty good auction ending.

:(

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
flightposite said:
muchuckwagon said:

It was up to $185.

He just emailed me and told me he pulled it as he was worried about sales. Said he had offers to sell of $600 and $650 and that both guys would be willing to go higher. If you've got offers like that (The most expensive Mendenhall sold to this date is $400), you card is already at $185 with 12 hours to go (and if you are any kind of seller on ebay, you know all the action happens close to the end)... I don't see how you cancel the auction.

All I know is that autographed NFL shied rcs are the biggest sellers for football and if multiple people are offering you a couple hundred more than auto shields have gone and you have a tag auto... You are probably set up for a pretty good auction ending.

:(

Oh....when I clicked on the link it showed $0.99 with 0 bids. I don't know...when you cancel an auction with existing bids, it must reset to the starting price and show 0 bids. Hum.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
:shock: :shock:

sorry bo...you are probably right in that the seller will probably put up a high bin/bo....

man, ultimate collection did this right...what an incredible card

dave

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I see at least one person bid $399 for the card even though it didn't reach that amount..

Too bad EBAY's software doesn't go up to what the person bid on it.. $399 vs $185..

the person bid $399, it should jump to $399 and not $185..

If I was at a regular in person auction and I bid $399, that would be the bid, not $185 or $5 more than the next high bidder..

Kutzy

Sep 2, 2008
This is just an example of how sniping can hurt you. It is his card, if he deems its not worth the risk of letting it run, then he has the right to take it off. Just because someone planned on bidding at the last minute didnt mean the bids would actually come in. I dont particularly like the seller, but he did nothing wrong. Blame all the snipers for this actions, not the seller.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
I asked them if they would be willing to do a BIN on this card, they told me they dont do BIN's

[ebay:19mwh4sf]400029690622[/ebay:19mwh4sf]

Looks like they do. :?

Members online

Latest posts