Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bryce Harper - Only the second 19 year-old ever to hit 20+ homeruns

Bryce Harper is the next...

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
As mentioned in the thread, he is only 19 years old and predicting the future of such a young and talented ball player can be dificult. Throwing caution to the wind I really feel he can/should develope in to a player similar to a Barry Bonds circa Pittsburgh. I think he will be a .300 +/- hitter with 35 +/- power and can steal 30 +/- a season playing above average defense.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Good grief, come on.

Conigliaro or Griffey?

I don't what anyone thinks of Harper, but Tony Conigliaro's beaning was one of baseball's terrible moments so to include him in a poll of possible outcomes for Harper is total crap. No one knows Tony C's career would have become without the beaning.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
I'm not prepared to call you a liar here but what exactly was ironic or slyly humorous by including Conigliaro?

(since 200lb has not brought it up?)

Because he could be the next Ken Griffey Jr., he could get hit in the face and have his career ruined or he can be the next "any other player someone chooses to pick", even writing-in Bryce Harper, which I chose. I think 200lb needs to relax.

21ccl

Aug 26, 2012
No offence , i don't think is going to be next Ken Griffy

Anyway it a hard thing to predict because sometimes some players hit a slump and does't hit good and his avg will dip.... Or he could be the next Hank Arron you'll never know...

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
No offence , i don't think is going to be next Ken Griffy

Anyway it a hard thing to predict because sometimes some players hit a slump and does't hit good and his avg will dip.... Or he could be the next Hank Arron you'll never know...

No offense taken. I picked other. I think he's going to be Bryce Harper.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Canigliaro is there because he had an amazing RC season for a teenager and then regardless of what happened whether he got attacked by a shark or hit in the head by a baseball faded. Its not a knock on what could have been etc, its the fact that not many people are aware of his story. I take no offense to him being in the poll.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Its the fact that people compare him to Pete Rose and Ken Griffey Jr and now a young Barry Bonds (All-Time Greats) that I hope the Kids Fails greatly and just becomes and Avg player (which in reality wouldnt really be considered failing). Let the Kid play man. Lets do this Poll in 10 years when hes 29 and in his prime, atleast then he will have stats to back up any claims or comparision. I should have picked Niether But I picked Conigliaro for the simple fact that with his playing style he will get hurt before he can fully complete a career. With all the extra Technology and Vitamins and everything else it just seems like Players dont hold up like they use to. In 10 years we will see.

Last edited:

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Its the fact that people compare him to Pete Rose and Ken Griffey Jr and now a young Barry Bonds (All-Time Greats) that I hope the Kids Fails greatly and just becomes and Avg player (which in reality would really be considered failing). Let the Kid play man. Lets do this Poll in 10 years when hes 29 and in his prime, atleast then he will have stats to back up any claims or comparision. I should have picked Niether But I picked Conigliaro for the simple fact that with his playing style he will get hurt before he can fully complete a career. With all the extra Technology and Vitamins and everything else it just seems like Players dont hold up like they use to. In 10 years we will see.

It's just for fun, man. People like comparing statistics and making predictions. It's what baseball is all about. His season this year, IMO, is mostly comparable to a 19 year-old Griffey Jr. Of course that doesn't mean he will be Ken Griffey Jr., but it is something to think about.

Latest posts