Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Way to go, Marlins! Adam Greenberg gets a 2nd at-bat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Great story and also reminds me why I try not to scroll down a page to view its comments. Idiots.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
"On the first and only pitch the left-handed-hitting Greenberg faced in the majors on July 9, 2005, he was struck by Marlins left-hander Valerio De Los Santos in the back of the head with a 92-mph fastball. Greenberg, then playing for the Chicago Cubs, fell to the ground. "

I couldn't imagine this scenario happening to anyone - seems fit for a crazy movie though.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
If he homers on the first pitch he sees, I can see a movie coming out sometime next fall, about this whole thing.........but it will be on the lifetime channel with some chick flick tone of it....:lol:

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
The comments in the link are quite disgusting. It makes me sad to see people in society with such low integrity and care for human elements of life. Adam Greenberg is a phenomenal person and athlete, with the right positive energy and drive. He embodies everything that is right with sports and life.

I am proud to be a Greenberg fan, an Israel Baseball fan, and now I have new found respect for the Marlins front office. Whatever he does in his AB will be considered a success in the light of this story.

(.....and yes, I am a tad bit biased, being connected to his family through specific people and being a proud Jew.)

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Glad to see this happen for him. Guy was a great athlete in high school too. A monster on a high school soccer team that (at the time anyway) always seemed to be nationally ranked and a contender for state titles.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
which reminds me, are the White Sox going to trot out Minnie Minoso for a plate appearance? IIRC, he doesn't have one in the 2010's yet....

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
Glad to see this happen for him. Guy was a great athlete in high school too. A monster on a high school soccer team that (at the time anyway) always seemed to be nationally ranked and a contender for state titles.

He was a good basketball player too.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
The comments in the link are quite disgusting. It makes me sad to see people in society with such low integrity and care for human elements of life. Adam Greenberg is a phenomenal person and athlete, with the right positive energy and drive. He embodies everything that is right with sports and life.

I am proud to be a Greenberg fan, an Israel Baseball fan, and now I have new found respect for the Marlins front office. Whatever he does in his AB will be considered a success in the light of this story.

(.....and yes, I am a tad bit biased, being connected to his family through specific people and being a proud Jew.)

Wish Israel would have made the tourney...

Great story...hope he does well.

For the record Tuesday will be his first "AB", he is the only player in major league history to have only 1 pitch in 1 plate appearance. Being hit by a pitch does not count as an "AB". So in reality he is getting a shot for his first at bat. Was a documentory done on it and a push to get him his "one at bat". They'll be playing my Mets, but I will be rooting for him. Classy move by the Marlins!

Yadier2004

Aug 27, 2012
Missouri
Great move by MLB to give the Marlins a roster exception for this & Marlins to do this since the cubs refused to, after Cubs fans have been asking for it all year! Shows how classless the Cubs are!

Sent from my MB865 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Members online

Latest posts