Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Former PA Gov. calls Jason Werth an A$$hole

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
lol love this

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2012/09/27/ed-rendell-jayson-werth-is-a-complete-a/

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Jayson Werth’s relationship with Phillies fans has taken a considerable turn for the worse since he left the team, and signed a long-term deal with the Washington Nationals. An event last night at Citizen’s Bank Park probably cemented Werth’s reputation as an enemy.

While Werth was in the on-deck circle during Wednesday night’s game, a foul ball rolled to Werth’s feet. He grabbed the ball, and then acted as if he was going to throw the ball into the stands to fans. Instead, Werth tossed the ball into the Nationals dugout.

Werth provided the following explanation to the Washington Post:

“Earlier in the game, I flipped a ball in the right field seats to a fan. It bounced off her hands and landed on somebody’s lap. A guy reached over, a Phillies fan, reached over into her lap, grabbed the ball and then threw it back on the field.

“So in the ninth when I got the ball, I was going to flip the ball. There was a group of kids. Behind the kids there were these unruly middle-aged men that to me appeared to be snarling. It’s the ninth. Who knows. I kind of got the sense that maybe they were intoxicated. I was going to flip it to the kids, and then I thought, maybe I shouldn’t, because of the people right behind the innocent little children there.

“So I just flipped it in the dugout. Evidently, that rubbed some people the wrong. After the events in right field, I felt it was better to maybe not throw it in the stands.”

Fans were not happy, and booed Werth at the time. This morning on 94WIP, fans continued to express their displeasure.

Former Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell wasn’t buying Werth’s excuse, and provided his own thoughts on the former Phillies right fielder. “Well, it’s a seven letter word Angelo [Cataldi], and the first letter is “A” and the last letter is “E”!,” Rendell told 94WIP’s Angelo Cataldi and The WIP Morning Show on Thursday.

“I mean, Jayson Werth is a complete ass! You’re right, the fans did make his career. We made him a star, and we got him that contract. Players are nuts,” Rendell said. “The fans are great to Jayson Werth. Even Donovan [McNabb], he had some difficulty with the fans, but he acknowledged how great Eagles fans were when it came to winning or losing games. And this is the same guy, Jayson Werth, compare him to what Cliff Lee said about Philly fans, or what Cole Hamels said, this year, about the Philly fans. It’s nuts! I think he’s got to be a little off kilter.”

Werth also promised last year that he’d do whatever it took to prevent another parade down Broad Street. As a player on a rival team in the same division, that seems like it is a reasonable goal, but was met with ire in Philadelphia.

Last edited:

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
People are overreacting like idiots because of Werth's failure to toss a ball to the crowd. Maybe Werth is telling the truth about the previous incident. Either way, the uproar is clearly not about the toss, but about Werth leaving the Phillies for a big paycheck, to a team that's overtaken Philly as the best team in the NL East.
People who whine about this stuff are pathetic, especially when it's coming from a former govenror.
Seriously, who the frack cares?

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
People are overreacting like idiots because of Werth's failure to toss a ball to the crowd. Maybe Werth is telling the truth about the previous incident. Either way, the uproar is clearly not about the toss, but about Werth leaving the Phillies for a big paycheck, to a team that's overtaken Philly as the best team in the NL East.
People who whine about this stuff are pathetic, especially when it's coming from a former govenror.
Seriously, who the frack cares?

And thats why i think this whole thing is hilarious.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
I don't know if it's true, but I recall hearing he did the same thing from a trustworthy friend about Werth back when he was a Dodger. She also mentioned he was flipping off fans as well.

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
Ehhh... just a-holes talking about a-holes.

When Werth was with the Dodgers, I sat behind some guys in left field at Coors Field who were giving him crap the whole game. He turned around to them and gave them a jerking-off hand motion. And I'm sure he gets it 100 times worse in Philly, given how bad Phillies fans act when they come to Denver.

I'm sure that the Philly fans were massive a-holes. I'm relatively certain that Werth is an a-hole. And I'm also pretty certain that Ed Rendell is an a-hole.

Takes one to know one, I suppose.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
His explanation seems perfectly plausible. Why throw a ball into the stands if the fans are surly. Most players do not give foul balls when they are in the visitors' ballparks unless they see fans of their team. At least he didn't fire it into the stands. Then, I would agree with the assessment.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Yeah the fans made Werth the player he is today and it was solely the fans that got Werth his big payday. It had nothing to do with him busting his ass from team to team until he finally had a couple breakout years.::facepalm::

Do I think Werth would've gotten the payday he did if he wasn't in the national spotlight with the Phils for 2-3 years? Probably not. But he definitely would've signed a healthy contract b/c of his play and he owes the Phillies fans jack squat.

I love the Phillies, but their fans are just awful. They feel way to entitled. And this is coming from a non-Werth fan.

And who gives a crap about whether Werth is an ******* or not? Werth's explanation sounds legit. Is he lying? Who cares? Philly fans have proven time and time again that his story is most likely true.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
Add this politician to the others who have no business worring about commenting on sports and should be working to fix our government and the national debt.
Granted I am writing this at work but you don't see me calling some athlete a A-hole on the radio.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
Werth fails to mention at a local eatery he was in a private room with a chick doing lines off her ninnies....but still, Cataldi rallies fans and makes things more than what they are.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Werth fails to mention at a local eatery he was in a private room with a chick doing lines off her ninnies....but still, Cataldi rallies fans and makes things more than what they are.

C'mon if you are going to say XXXX like this, provide proof.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
C'mon if you are going to say XXXX like this, provide proof.

What do you think I have pictures? I'm not gonna just post a random thought. This was from a buddy of mine that worked at the establishment. It was kept quiet. Werth + Chick = that was her "story"....There is also talk of him sploshing Utley's wife, Jennifer. That's we in Philly all know. Main reason they didn't make Werth a priority signing.

Last edited:

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
What do you think I have pictures? I'm not gonna just post a random thought. This was from a buddy of mine that worked at the establishment. It was kept quiet. Werth + Chick = that was her "story"....There is also talk of him sploshing Utley's wife, Jennifer. That's we in Philly all know. Main reason they didn't make Werth a priority signing.

Utley was probably injured anyway

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008

So like I said....unless you have proof, don't post XXXX like that. ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL hearsay

Members online

Latest posts