Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pirate Fans: Who in management survives this season ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I would imagine that a huge majority of baseball fans were rooting for the Pirates to atleast finish above .500. Its a shame such a beautiful park and fairly loyal fan base get treated to the final year of the second decade of losing.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
Are Pirates fans laughing like the rest of us are?

If you haven't rooted for a team that has lost for 20 years straight you don't have any idea how hard it is. Also making fun of the team and it's fans is like pushing little old ladies down stairs and stealing candy from babies.

cards01fan

Sep 4, 2008
I was hoping the pirates would make the playoffs Not at the expense of the cardinals :). They had a good run early on they just couldn't keep it going, when you are used to losing it seems hard to break that cycle

sruchris

Jun 30, 2010
I've been a Pirate fan my whole life. 2012 was the toughest season in the last 19 years to endure. Everything was clicking in the first half; hitting, starting pitching, bullpen. Then came August and September.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
If you haven't rooted for a team that has lost for 20 years straight you don't have any idea how hard it is. Also making fun of the team and it's fans is like pushing little old ladies down stairs and stealing candy from babies.

I'm a Reds and Bengals fan. I know a little something.

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008

It only gets harder as you get a little better. Truly. If you take a path anywhere near similar to the Brewers, you'll get the dead decades followed by a winning season, then next a wildcard playoff series, maybe another failed playoff series after that, then a year where you don't think anything will happen.. but then.. just maybe... oh, not like they can do anything anyway... but wait here they come... nope. they suck again. And maybe they'll hang a banner in your stadium that says WILDCARD. At least the Pirates havent been celebrating a world series loss for 30 years now.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I was rooting hard for the Pirates the past couple years, mainly b/c, as a fan of the O's, I've been in a similar situation the past 14-15 years. The Pirates seem like they have a good young core, and arguably, they are in the weakest division in baseball (even though the Astros are going to the AL West).

They seem to have the young arms locked up for the next few years and an offensive core of McCutchen, Alvarez, and Walker isn't going to hurt. They are one legit power bat away from a World Series run IMO.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I still don's understand why Cole wasn't called up when James McDonald was struggling. Its a long list of questionable decisons by Neal Huntington.
More moves I do not understand

Not acting on the Kris Medlen trade because of Medlen's height. They wanted Jurrgens.

Giving Andy LaRoche a starting job over Bautista even though Jose was playing well.

Not hiring former players from the late 80's and early 90's to fill their Minor League staff when these players came to you with suggestions.

Playing russian roulette with Boras with Appel and losing.

Not one single player drafted in rounds 2-50 the past 5 years have contributed.

Members online