Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does Miguel Cabrera win an Actual Crown Award for the Triple Crown?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
I have always seen the pictures of past triple crown winners wearing a crown and have wondered if this is an official award given by MLB or just something that was made independentlyof MLB for players who achieved this feat.

569732283_tp.jpga207916134ed772dbfd09b_m.JPGu157985812.jpg

The Crowns read, "Babe Ruth Award Presented to __________ For Outstanding Batting Achievement (Year) Maryland Professional Baseball Players Association"

What confuses me is that while looking up these crowns, I also found that Hank Aaron and Ralph Kiner also got one. Both players however, never won the Triple Crown.

Ralph-Kiners-1949-Babe-Ruth-Crown.jpg
Hank-Aarons-Babe-Ruth-Crown-1977.jpg

Does anyone know the story behind these crowns? Are these crowns still given out to modern day players? It hasn't happened since 1967 and it would look great to see a modern day player sporting one of these.

koal

Aug 7, 2008
he gets crown royal.

oh no, his drink of choice is scotchy scotch scotch.

BigAppleJak

Aug 8, 2008
As far as the scotch comment goes, please note that the Tigers celebrated with non-alcoholic champain

Members online

No members online now.