Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Are people busting Triple Threads anymore?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
My player has three cards in this years set and I'm genuinely suprised about the small amount of them that have actually shown up so far.
Anyone else having this issue?

Full disclosure... I wouldn't bust this stuff at half the price point of a box but I'm glad others are!

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
I think many are getting fed up with little value gu pieces and sticker autos. Then realizing that ttt only offers that. Even hofers don't go for enough to justify the pricepoint

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I couldn't agree with you more. Last year literally EVERY Belle was listed on eBay and this year he has even more cards in the release and few (compared to next year) are being listed. Especially box breaks on here and singles being sold on the transaction page (for what little is usually sold there)

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
There is a reason TTT is dropping like a rock in price. It's a joke!

Yea wow! Blowout is selling boxes for $180. That's nuts. It's probably because the release is massive and is dumped with a zillion memo cards and honestly, the odds of getting your money back from the product has to be worse than most years.

Aug 13, 2008
I bought a pack yesterday and got a PC Card of Ben Revere with an on card auto and #/10. The down side was the patch was all one color, but I can't complain to loudly. I also got a GU card of Ryan Howard which was #/d and considering that the Phils are my NL team it was nice to get 2 for the collection. Yes, I could have bought them on Ebay for less, but I liked what I pulled considering it was my first pack of TTT I ever opened. I got the pack for $95 / box was $180.

bcubs

Apr 8, 2009
Springfield, IL
I'm surprised by how few people have opened this product. Most people complain all the time about a product but when it comes out they still end up busting it. The show I was at this weekend had 2 wax dealers and between them I saw 1 box opened. People wanted no part of it and were pretty vocal about how bad it was. I think it speaks to just how little value the product has when even hardcore rippers are staying away as they have so far.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
I'm surprised by how few people have opened this product. Most people complain all the time about a product but when it comes out they still end up busting it. The show I was at this weekend had 2 wax dealers and between them I saw 1 box opened. People wanted no part of it and were pretty vocal about how bad it was. I think it speaks to just how little value the product has when even hardcore rippers are staying away as they have so far.

Triple threads has had terrible value for its cost ever since product inception. The product theme has remained virtually unchanged, except for the extra auto/relic from 2011 onward (which was a boost in value, but not by much). I'm surprised it took this long for breakers to realize that unless you hit a HUGE 1/1, you will lose your behind opening that stuff.

I broke 2 cases in '09 and barely made back 55% after fees, selling everything except a handful of (low end) mets cards. And I hit some nice 1/1's too - no monsters, but all-star/HOF caliber players, and even those aren't worth much. I told myself I wouldn't touch it again, but I gave into temptation in 2011 when they added 2 extra hits per box...bad idea. The "unity" relics were essentially worthless, and there were way too many scrubs in the autograph checklist.

Topps needs to revamp Triple Threads with a better checklist of players - take out all the Angel Pagans and Anibal Sanchez', and make it more of a pure patch/premium relic oriented product to match the price point.

On a related note, I wonder what kind of a disaster (value wise) Five Star is going to be like.

Last edited:

dp33

Jun 2, 2009
It seems like I've seen a lot of Rickie Weeks cards (though not any of the All-Star patches yet). Even more surprising to me is that they've been generally selling for more than I would've thought. I imagine I'll go to the show this weekend and find all of the unity relic autos /99 in cases for $40 each.

Boylen33

Jan 26, 2011
Alabama
The one case of TTT I was involved in as part of a group break, a master case, was awful. We pulled a couple what I call "decent" cards, but overall, it was horrendous. There are over 100 possible Yankees hits in 2012 TTT. I, of course, know that hits of a particular team aren't guaranteed, but any guess as to how many Yankees hits we pulled from an 18-box master case? ZERO.

Members online