Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Of all the base level Topps products, Update is my favorite...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Yeah. If I pulled that it would be my favorite also. I pulled two base jersey swatches and two forgettable autographs. My break was so weak I don't have the stomach to post it in the breaks forum. Hopefully my team case breaks will go better.

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
I really enjoyed busting open the 2005 Topps Update product and still own the set. It had pretty much everything; rookies, prospects, league leaders, all star cards, season highlights, and the clincher was the postseason cards. Now the product is released even before the regular season ends and lost it's charm for me.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Last year I opened a ton of Update, ended up with hundreds of Cognac and Diamond parallels, and a whole mess of Trouts. It was my favorite release by far. This years is lacking in parallels, but when I pull cards like this, I'm happy:

img647.jpg

trolea1234

Aug 7, 2008
Those trouts from last year sell for almost $15. I found 2 from when I opened some of those exclusives from Walmart with the harpers in them

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Those trouts from last year sell for almost $15. I found 2 from when I opened some of those exclusives from Walmart with the harpers in them

I ended up with 5 dupes after putting a set together. Sent them into COMC and did very well with them. Good thing no one bit on this lot I was trying to sell in early March:

Eric Hosmer: US155 RC x 6, US188 Rookie Debut x 5, Topps 60 140 x 1 - $10 dlvd
Michael Pineda: US118 All Star x 5, US179 Rookie Debut x 6, Topps Diamond Duos DD1 x 1 - $6 dlvd
Mike Trout: US175 RC x 5 - $6 dlvd
Jason Kipnis: US194 RC x 6 - $3 dlvd
Paul Goldschmidt: US47 RC x 5, Cognac US47 RC - $5 dlvd

Also have quantities of 1-9 of pretty much every other Update RC, most 10¢ each.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
If by 'worn on the field' you mean game used, it most certainly wasn't.

Topps words the cards to have people think they were worn in BP, I believe these are just put on and taken off in the clubhouse and never realy used.

bcubs

Apr 8, 2009
Springfield, IL
That is a beautiful card. Not just because it's Trout. It's just a well designed card with a nice small picture, and well placed jumbo patch, and a clear sticker that doesn't jump off the card and look crappy like sticker tend to.

Members online