Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Phenomenal Dawson PC Mailday! Most I've spent on a card.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
This may not seem like much to some of the guys on here who's hobby budget I'm extremely jealous of, but believe me, this was a lot for me to plunk down on 1 card.

2005DonrussChampionsFrontBack2.jpg

It cost me $68 dlvd, and it's worth every red cent.

A few interesting things about the card

There are (according to Beckett) only 20 total Jersey Button cards ever produced for Dawson.

10 of these from 2005 Champions
7 - 2005 Tools of the Trade Red
1 - 2005 Tools of the Trade Black
1 - 2005 Rare Artifacts
1 - 2005 Rare Apparel

So to me, it's kinda cool to know with all of the "artificial scarcity" these days, that there are only 20 button cards for my guy, period. All made in 2005 too, so I'm sure a good % of them are still in packs somewhere.

Something else I was wondering too. I'm sure someone on here has one of these or something similar. Do all of the Button cards have the button sticking up from the jersey? I couldn't tell this from the scan until I got the card in my hands, but the button itself sticks up about 1/8th of from the surface of the card.

In case you can't tell, I'm very proud of this new addition so any thoughts/comments are very welcome.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
dadofandrew said:
Nice pick up! I am still looking to pick up a button card of Ozzie

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but again (according to Beckett) this is the only one for The Wizard.

2005 Prime Patches Hall of Fame Materials Button #9 Ozzie Smith/5

ozzie.jpg

Very surpising to me that only 5 have been made for a player with Ozzie's popularity.

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
Nice card! I dont own a button of anyone, let alone a player with 20 total button cards! Well done...

And Dawson has such a nice clean sig...its nice to look at!

cubfan131

Aug 18, 2008
In my opinion Champions was a very underrated product. There were some great pulls. I was thinking about buying a case from Blowout when they were discounted. Here is mine from the set:

button.jpg

Members online

Latest posts