Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Prediction Time - Who Will Sign B.J. Upton This Offseason?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
The Reds were the first team that came to my mind. I wouldn't mind them getting him because that would make 1 less team making a play for Denard Span :)

I know they are interested and have had trade talks with the Rays about him in the past. I would love to see the Reds land him, but I don't see it happening.

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
If a good team signs him, it will be a very smart move.

The Mets SHOULD, but won't spend any money.

If the Rangers let Hamilton walk away, you could see him in Texas.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I agree with the Rangers if Hamilton isn't resigned (likely). Texas is weak defensively in the corner outfield positions. The Reds also make some sense, as B.J. would be an upgrade on Drew Stubbs. Marlins should look at him too with their big ballpark.

Mario1975

May 9, 2012
Really can't see the Yankees going after him, unless they let Granderson go. To me though that wouldn't make sense. Still hoping the Yankees take a chance on Hamilton, if the price is right and as long it's only a 5 year deal.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
I don't know, but he needs to go to a good team where he doesn't HAVE to be a carrying star consistently. I'd still love the Upton Bros. to get to play with each other in their prime years, whether that be from B.J. signing with the D-Backs, or a team trading for Justin and signing B.J.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
He's a .260 20/70 guy with a good glove & a lousy attitude....They should stay away from him ...far away from him

David Wright and BJ are childhood friends and really close.

If the Mets did, it would be as a favor/to convince David to resign

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I see the Braves going after him, as Bourn signs with the Phillies.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
I hope the Pirates sign him to make up for the horrible draft where they picked Brian Bullington over BJ.

WaxPax

The Mets have to first sign Wright to beyond next year....Friend or not, Upton takes too many plays off, he will crucified by the NY fanbase with his episodes of slacking....just saying based upon what I've seen for the past 6+ years

David Wright and BJ are childhood friends and really close.

If the Mets did, it would be as a favor/to convince David to resign

Members online

Latest posts